Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Can't wait for this! lol

Been looking forward to it all year. My girlfriend actually got the tickets as a present... best present ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Port Royale

what made last years gig at marleys so bril was that metallica played almost only the classics. that was metallica at its best. the black album already tended to be mainstream, and after that they mostly came up with a loada bollocks. in my opinion vocals isn't just what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

:pac:
    cant wait only a few weeks to go roll on august

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Yea Suckallica playin with a loada bands that shouldn't be still on the go (Thin Lizzy minus Bass Player/Singer Alice In Chains minus singer) I think I'll keep my money until a decent metal band like Megadeth play :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

what made last years gig at marleys so bril was that metallica played almost only the classics. that was metallica at its best. the black album already tended to be mainstream, and after that they mostly came up with a loada bollocks. in my opinion vocals isn't just what it used to be.

Could say the same for every Metallica gig since 03 then. They always play the same songs, should play a few more rarities in their sets. Either way, I cant be at this, annoyed at missing Mastodon and Alice in Chains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Mushy wrote: »
    Could say the same for every Metallica gig since 03 then. They always play the same songs, should play a few more rarities in their sets. Either way, I cant be at this, annoyed at missing Mastodon and Alice in Chains.

Check out their recent set lists,phantom lord,trapped under ice,dyers eve,fight fire with fire,holier than thou and a few others have made appearances. Now if only they would drop NEM and SBT i'd be happy!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rock chic

atariman wrote: »
    Yea Suckallica playin with a loada bands that shouldn't be still on the go (Thin Lizzy minus Bass Player/Singer Alice In Chains minus singer) I think I'll keep my money until a decent metal band like Megadeth play :p
    wotsup atariman cany afford the tickets :p:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

heh somethin like that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

wouldnt mind heading this year again, now if i could only get the scratch....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

atariman wrote: »

Eh, they already did!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OneForTheRoad

I was looking forward to seeing The Sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

ARE TIKETS STILL ON SALE?!?
    IM 12 AND REALLY WANNA GO...MY FIRST METALICCA CONCERT(MISSED LAST ONE=[)

skaterboy wrote: »
    Tickets are still on sale yes. Afaik if your under 16 you gotta go with your parent/guardian or anyone over 18...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Yeah they're still on sale, just check ticketmaster.ie to see what's available.

Oh and anyone who doubts how awesome Alice in Chains will be need only listen to their new song, for me I'm expecting them to be the highlight of the day cause unless Metallica shake up their set a bit it'll be the same old story, last year was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭skaterboy

Patricide wrote: »
    Tickets are still on sale yes. Afaik if your under 16 you gotta go with your parent/guardian or anyone over 18...
    I no im goin wit my dad:o
    But itll still be fun(i hope)

I no im goin wit my dad:o
    But itll still be fun(i hope)
    My first gig ever was with me da, Ozzfest 2002 when i was 13. He was all nervous about me getting slaughtered on the way in and stuck close to me. Once he was thrown into one moshpit though he went off bought an inflatable couch and took off well away from any crowds and i had some mental craic. Fair fcuks to parents who'l endure music they hate to keep there kids happy i say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

whats the story with alcohol in that marlay park place?

i know they had the bars last year, but can you bring your own? i was there last year but went in the press entrance so wasnt searched..

anyone know what the security is like? they dont sell cider at the bars... :(

whats the story with alcohol in that marlay park place?

i know they had the bars last year, but can you bring your own? i was there last year but went in the press entrance so wasnt searched..

anyone know what the security is like? they dont sell cider at the bars... :(

It often depends on when you go arrive in my experience. If you arrive when there's hundreds of people waiting to get in i often find that the security checks are less stringent in order to keep the crowd moving whereas if you arrive when there's only a handful of people trying to get in there's more chance of being searched.

There's no hard and fast rule though,luck of the draw sometimes tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Just heard that The Sword and Lizzy are removed from this! Can anyone clarify? If they have heads are gonna effin roll :D

(Not that they were the highlight! Just that if it's the case this gig is turning in to one big joke!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

€70 a ticket and now 3 of the 6 support bands have dropped out,absolute disgrace. They better get replacements or I will go on a killing spree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

€70 a ticket and now 3 of the 6 support bands have dropped out,absolute disgrace. They better get replacements or I will go on a killing spree.

I am soooooo glad I have decided not to go to this. I'd actually prefer to see them indoors for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

chin_grin wrote: »
    Just heard that The Sword and Lizzy are removed from this! Can anyone clarify? If they have heads are gonna effin roll :D

(Not that they were the highlight! Just that if it's the case this gig is turning in to one big joke!)

It's getting annoying alright, hopefully they'll be able to add some bands from the following nights Sonisphere lineup, though as nothing has been said after the other dropouts I don't know.....

Lamb Of God were gone from the start, The Sword well I'm gettin pretty sick of this lark of pulling out of tours to work on an album - why take the tour slot if you were supposed to be doing an album.......
    And Lizzy - mess, first they should be back in time from Tommy Aldridge's broken colarbone, and not they are just gone, John Sykes leaving does make it very hard to continue as he was also the singer......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Does anyone know for sure if Thin Lizzy are gone..? There isn't anything on the MCD site to suggest this.. really sucks if they are, they should be refunding half the ticket cost ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

All of ye tune into newstalk, I just sent an email regarding the pullouts. We'll see what moncreif has to say about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭sxt

Redisle wrote: »
    Does anyone know for sure if Thin Lizzy are gone..? There isn't anything on the MCD site to suggest this.. really sucks if they are, they should be refunding half the ticket cost ffs.

THIN LIZZY's management company has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes.

Commented THIN LIZZY guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways. I can only apologize to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."

Gorham intends to announce future plans for THIN LIZZY shortly.

All previously announced THIN LIZZY shows will be canceled or postponed until further notice. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

im getting the nasty feeling we are all being tricked into an A7X gig...

whos left support wise?

Ah ****e!! I hope they leave the bill alone now,given that MCD added the blizzards to an AC/DC line-up i can only imagine what indie/pop tripe they'd add to the Metallica line-up to bolster the numbers. Just open the gates later and we can all have more scoops down the boozer!:pac:

im getting the nasty feeling we are all being tricked into an A7X gig...

whos left support wise?

It's just A7X,AIC and Mastodon that are left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

They should add some Irish metal bands to the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

This is getting to be a bit **** to be honest!! Half the prices!!!!! Please dont add some fookin **** band like at the AC/DC concert MCD!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement