Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

If they stuck some Blizzards/Pop rubbish on I don't think they'd get a very warm welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'd be pissed off if I was going to this gig.

People bought tickets with the intention of seeing Thin Lizzy, The Sword and Lamb of God and none of these bands are playing. Between this and the reports from the recent ACDC gig it's quite obvious that MCD don't give a **** about their paying customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

In fairness Thin Lizzy pulled out themselves and will probably be replaced in due course. The cancellation of Lamb of God and The Sword though was pretty ambiguous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

...it's quite obvious that MCD don't give a **** about their paying customers.
    What company does though really?

I'm not impressed by the recent developments, but to be honest, the only band I was interested in seeing was Metallica. Last year I didn't even bother watching Tenacious D, but I got a bargain ticket last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

In fairness Thin Lizzy pulled out themselves and will probably be replaced in due course. The cancellation of Lamb of God and The Sword though was pretty ambiguous.

No it wasn't - The Sword also cancelled all touring dates in order to work on an album release.......
    and Lamb Of God apparently never confirmed in the first place......

problem now is probably that time is getting short for the gig in a month and most bands on the Sonisphere Fest on the Sunday night don't have any time to play Dub too, either travelling or have gigs elsewhere - like LOG, Machine Head.......would be great to see a big band or a couple of big bands added, as this was obviously put together by Metallica rather than MCD (they wouldn't have had the foresight to pick the original lineup...............here's hoping.....

On a positive today - WASP in the Button Factory in Dec.....:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

You know i actually wouldnt be surprised to see the blizzards there, they seem to be playing everywhere else at the moment. And i mean EVERYWHERE!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

If Mastodon and AIC get decent set time then in my eyes the ticket price would have been justified, even if they don't bring in any replacement bands. But then again I'm not big into Thin Lizzy, can obviously understand the frustration of fans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Lets call a spade a spade here. Thin Lizzy in name only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

yeah actually, id MUCH prefer if they didnt get any other bands in.

give mastodon the time they deserve.

then again, gates are 1:30. we have 4 bands to take us until about half ten/eleven? they will probably need to draft in more bands, or push back gates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

yeah actually, id MUCH prefer if they didnt get any other bands in.

give mastodon the time they deserve.

then again, gates are 1:30. we have 4 bands to take us until about half ten/eleven? they will probably need to draft in more bands, or push back gates.

From MCD.ie (Wonder why they still have Lizzy on the page!)

Mastodon 3pm
    Thin Lizzy 4.15pm.
    Alice in Chains 5.45 pm.
    Avenged Sevenfold 7.15 pm
    Metallica 8.45pm.

*Times subject to change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

I wish the slots for Alice In Chains and Avenged Sevenfold could be switched, I absolutely cannot stand Avenged Sevenfold, by far the worst act I've ever seen live (ironically playing with AIC and Metallica in '06)

Seeing as though it's bands playing the UK Sonisphere on the Sunday, they also have Nine Inch Nails, Machine Head, Feeder and now Limp Bizkit, sure MCD could try get at least one or two bands from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

- bo - wrote: »
    I wish the slots for Alice In Chains and Avenged Sevenfold could be switched, I absolutely cannot stand Avenged Sevenfold, by far the worst act I've ever seen live (ironically playing with AIC and Metallica in '06)

Seeing as though it's bands playing the UK Sonisphere on the Sunday, they also have Nine Inch Nails, Machine Head, Feeder and now Limp Bizkit, sure MCD could try get at least one or two bands from there?

Machine Head or NIN (although it's highly unlikely) would definitely make up for LoG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

The only thing im annoyed about with all this is that now Metallica will definitely play whiskey :( . Ive never been in to any of the bands that have pulled out so im not bothered. Just hope if they do get replaced its by Machine Head :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Weren't Machine Head touring with them in the UK already?

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Who's promoting Sonisphere?

hacx wrote: »
    Who's promoting Sonisphere?

From wiki
    The Sonisphere Festival is a series of summer music festivals which will take place across Europe from June 2009. The festival is owned and promoted by Kilimanjaro Live with financial backing from AEG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

The only thing im annoyed about with all this is that now Metallica will definitely play whiskey :( . Ive never been in to any of the bands that have pulled out so im not bothered. Just hope if they do get replaced its by Machine Head :D

Machine head are playing wacken on the 1st of august so they're a no-go!

lord lucan wrote: »
    Machine head are playing wacken on the 1st of august so they're a no-go!

Sh1te! :(

get limp bizkit over for the craic!!

and have it

A7X
    Bizkit
    Mastodon
    AIC
    Metallica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

get limp bizkit over for the craic!!

and have it

A7X
    Bizkit
    Mastodon
    AIC
    Metallica

Dear lord no!!:eek:

Fortunately they're playing in london that night so they're out!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Avenged Sevenfold after Alice In Chains?

No justice :mad:

nah it makes sense...

toilets need to be visited and drinks need to be had before metallica.

nah it makes sense...

toilets need to be visited and drinks need to be had before metallica.
    And who said there was nothing good about avengenged seven fold :p

Patricide wrote: »
    And who said there was nothing good about avengenged seven fold :p

Everyone, coz they're sh*te? :D

This must be the most annoying line up though, good and decent metal bands being fecked down the list because kids today have no sense! Rabble rabble rabble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This gig has turned into a slight disaster. gone from 6 to 3 supporting bands. Also went from seeing lizzy twice this summer to not at all. It's very frustrating i have to say

ahhh i dont MIND A7X. They put on a good show. But just out of respect AIC should be put up that lineup. The reaction to them in 2006 was immense.

chin_grin wrote: »
    Everyone, coz they're sh*te? :D

This must be the most annoying line up though, good and decent metal bands being fecked down the list because kids today have no sense! Rabble rabble rabble.
    O i know i hate them too with a passion. I just want to make that clear.... haha. They do have a purpose before metallca though as diesal queen said. So you can go for a lash and grab your beers! Apart from that though.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

hey ya, just got my metallica ticket on a buzz from ac/dc last week , so i wouldnt be so depressed and have something to look forward too!Love metallica but I only know a few of alice in chains stuff & wouldnt really know any of the rest of them , and i don't wana look like one of them tools whos like oh i love this tune when i never heard of it before in my lifetime, can ye help me ?
    Also I heard the Answer might be replacing lizzy, they were class at Punchestown, is it true?
    Also Thin Lizzy are nothing with out Phil Lynott , had this conversation outside Bruxelles last sat night before the gig so although they are fantastic there just not the same!!
    Clearly I'm new at this so be nice to me !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

hey ya, just got my metallica ticket on a buzz from ac/dc last week , so i wouldnt be so depressed and have something to look forward too!Love metallica but I only know a few of alice in chains stuff & wouldnt really know any of the rest of them , and i don't wana look like one of them tools whos like oh i love this tune when i never heard of it before in my lifetime, can ye help me ?
    You can come jump around like the rest of us ;) To be honest, I only know a few Alice in Chains songs and the band I'm going to see is Metallica. You'll be grand!

Also I heard the Answer might be replacing lizzy, they were class at Punchestown, is it true?
    This would be a great thing. I think The Answer have a great sound - my friend saw them in Derry in the Nerve Centre just before they made it big and he was blown away. I hate how the British media have hi-jacked them and tried to claim them as a British rock band, when they're clearly Irish!!:pac:
    Also Thin Lizzy are nothing with out Phil Lynott , had this conversation outside Bruxelles last sat night before the gig so although they are fantastic there just not the same!!
    Clearly I'm new at this so be nice to me !!
    Have to agree, but it's the novelty for those, such as myself who weren't lucky enough to be around back then! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

This gig is turning out to be a complete shambles. Just dont understand the choice of support bands (A7x and AIC). The same as 2006. yawn. There were similar disappointments that time round with Korn being pulled from the main stage. Wouldnt have minded catching them this year to hear the new material if I could afford it, but, Im not THAT disappointed.

Advertisement