Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Carolanne2x4

DoireNod wrote: »
    You can come jump around like the rest of us ;) To be honest, I only know a few Alice in Chains songs and the band I'm going to see is Metallica. You'll be grand!

This would be a great thing. I think The Answer have a great sound - my friend saw them in Derry in the Nerve Centre just before they made it big and he was blown away. I hate how the British media have hi-jacked them and tried to claim them as a British rock band, when they're clearly Irish!!:pac:

Have to agree, but it's the novelty for those, such as myself who weren't lucky enough to be around back then! ;)

ah sure i wont look like a complete plank so haha, its great though that theres so many bands playin least wont be waiting around for ages, plenty time for the beer tent!!
    I saw the answer supporting Ac/Dc the last day it was class, very led zeppelin - ish I was impressed!!
    Ah sure whats new with the British any time we have anything good going they try claim it as there own. such as u2( not that i care much) pierce brosnan etc, feckers!!
    I wasn't around either lol well before my time , great thing about music is if its good its timeless though! thanks hun, appreciate it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I may end up going to this if I'm home. Probably will be too. To see Mastodon and AIC will be sweet. For Metallica, ah sure I'll jump around, be better if they played All Nightmare Long though. Hopefully weather is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Mushy wrote: »
    ...be better if they played All Nightmare Long though.
    One of my favourites off the new album.
    Hopefully weather is good too.
    Aye, damn right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think I'll come home for this one alright, haven't been home in a while, and it'll be good to see Metallica....again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Around the European Festivals, Metallica have been changing certain things. MOst notibly, the dont open with TWJYL, and EOTL from Death Magnetic.

I really hope they open with those songs. But at least I got to see them do it in the 02 in London last March.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well I'm looking forward to this gig a great deal. I love Metallica, I like Mastodon, The Sword are bloody cool, Alice in Chains rock, and Thin Lizzy are legends.

Eh you do know The Sword and Lizzy are off the bill. Hence this gig becoming one big clusterfcuk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

atariman wrote: »
    Yea Suckallica playin with a loada bands that shouldn't be still on the go (Thin Lizzy minus Bass Player/Singer Alice In Chains minus singer) I think I'll keep my money until a decent metal band like Megadeth play :p

ha ha ha totally agree my man,megadeth wud definitely blow those sell out FAKE ASS METALLERS off the stage.

all hail king mustaine!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

ha ha ha totally agree my man,megadeth wud definitely blow those sell out FAKE ASS METALLERS off the stage.

all hail king mustaine!!!!!!!!!!

And there I was thinking it was the metallica fanbois that were the most annoying 'people' on here.

Shows what I know.

I'm going to be entertained by a few bands that I like. I think all these "fanbois" and "haters" (to be in with the kids) are thick terms used to incite pointless flame wars against each other!

You're opinion is your own. No need to dip it in dogsh*t and smear it all over anothers face.

What point I have been trying to make before this thread got hijacked by "yeah well x is better and so it's true coz I say so" posts, is that three bands are now cancelled from the lineup.

This is farcical! Charging 76 bob a ticket when (originally) Lamb of God, The Sword and Thin Lizzy were billed and now not playing (for various reasons) is very cheeky of mcd.

Tut tut mcd, tut tut indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

Why did The Sword pull out of the show? Not that they're any loss. I saw them 6 times on Metallica's U.S. indoor tour last year. They were awful, just awful. How about adding Down to the bill??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

And there I was thinking it was the metallica fanbois that were the most annoying 'people' on here.

Shows what I know.

dude,ive seen metallica 5 times..........used to be a fan until the load and reload era.....put me off them,seen megadeth twice and in my opinion thought they were better live than metallica,seemed a lot more about the music rather than the pyro and the spitting on fans............lars!.any fan of metal whose seen the two would tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

chin_grin wrote: »
    Eh you do know The Sword and Lizzy are off the bill. Hence this gig becoming one big clusterfcuk?

I heard about Thin Lizzy not a minute after I posted that, but the Sword too?! Well damn it. The Sword were the band I wanted to see the most....

Hmm...my post deleted. I guess there are some things boards doesn't want to risk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MickCronin

Are ye certain thin lizzy are off da bill. Thats terrible if its true. They didn't play at acdc eithier.. i was cracking. Definetly wasn't worth da money 4 tickets to metallica if they don't replace thin lizzy with someone brilliant

So this means theres only 4 bands playin if da sword are out too....

They'll have to get Lamb of God back on the bill.

Theres going to be alot of angry fans feeling they got ripped off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,130 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Thin Lizzy are actually not together at the minute, Sykes has left the band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

MickCronin wrote: »
    Are ye certain thin lizzy are off da bill. Thats terrible if its true. They didn't play at acdc eithier.. i was cracking. Definetly wasn't worth da money 4 tickets to metallica if they don't replace thin lizzy with someone brilliant

So this means theres only 4 bands playin if da sword are out too....

They'll have to get Lamb of God back on the bill.

Theres going to be alot of angry fans feeling they got ripped off
    Apparently Lamb Of God were never on the bill to begin with, they didnt sign there contracts but ticketmaster had em listed on the bill anyway for the first week or so. Someone at MCD really dropped the ball on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

thanks for this so was going to go and see thin lizzy and alice and chains not paying 7o odd for metallica and alice. seems to be a farce of a gig with so many dropping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

villains77 wrote: »
    thanks for this so was going to go and see thin lizzy and alice and chains not paying 7o odd for metallica and alice. seems to be a farce of a gig with so many dropping out.

Metallica, €70 = works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

Last year I paid 80, and I only saw the D and metallica. I'm getting a slightly better deal this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Apparently, Glyder, who are a rock band from Co Wicklow, have been added to the bill....?

They're a 70s rock influenced band, and are bloody good!!

Check em out: www.glydermusic.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

Delighted Glyder got added to the list. They are a great band and i know the lads well! Played with them a few times too.

Its really great news for those guys can't wait to see them play :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Glyder will be an excellent addition to the bill, about time someone got added......will be hoping any addition they make to Sonisphere replacing Machine Head will also be added here......

OH SHI.....seriously? Great. Another band to avoid like the plague other than Avenged Sevenfold. Crap.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Metallica, €70 = works for me!

Same here though some decent pre-Metallica background music is always appreciated!:pac:

So whats the total band list for the gig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KirkTallica

A7X wrote: »
    So whats the total band list for the gig?

Metallica,
    A7X,
    Alice in Chains,
    Mastodon,
    The Sword,
    and I'm not sure about Lizzy(or the band Glyder, lol.)

Btw, guys, can you camp INSIDE Marlay Park? Like on the greens or something?

Metallica,
    A7X,
    Alice in Chains,
    Mastodon,
    The Sword,
    and I'm not sure about Lizzy(or the band Glyder, lol.)

Btw, guys, can you camp INSIDE Marlay Park? Like on the greens or something?

I thought the sword weren't playing anymore? Thin Lizzy defo arent and Glyder are.

No you can't camp.

The Sword are definitely off the bill, have been for a long time.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Fair play to Glyder, nice to see them getting a break. I think they would have fit in great at AC/DC tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Alot of people at the dc gig thought they would have been better suited than the blizzards who bombed IMO....Great to see them get a good slot they've been slogging it out in europe the last 2 years and i think its about time the Irish press and fans sat up and gave them the recognition they deserve

• Advertisement

Nea wrote: »
    Fair play to Glyder, nice to see them getting a break. I think they would have fit in great at AC/DC tho.

Exactly what I thought at the time when Lizzy dropped out Nea, thought it was crazy that the Blizzards got the slot

Advertisement