Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

NIBBS wrote: »
    Exactly what I thought at the time when Lizzy dropped out Nea, thought it was crazy that the Blizzards got the slot
    Yeah Glyder are way way better, and phils mammy backs them too :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Patricide wrote: »
    Yeah Glyder are way way better, and phils granny backs them too :).

Don't ya mean Phil's Mammy???

Don't ya mean Phil's Mammy???
    Yea, a few cans tiredness and internet forums really dont mix haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

C*nt. She didn't want anything to do with him when he was living and now he's dead she's all over his fame.

B!tch. Only good thing she did was pop him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

what happened to that band that supported lizzy a few yrs back when they first reformed. i saw them in UL. hollywood or something? they were really good

• Advertisement

Vanhalla wrote: »
    what happened to that band that supported lizzy a few yrs back when they first reformed. i saw them in UL. hollywood or something? they were really good
    Hollywood was the old name for glyder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

I really can't wait for the gig. I hope Glyder get a good reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

chin_grin wrote: »
    C*nt. She didn't want anything to do with him when he was living and now he's dead she's all over his fame.

B!tch. Only good thing she did was pop him out.

:eek: Have you actually MET the woman?? She's absolutely lovely, AND it's clear that she absolutely ADORED him!!! She had a bloody tough life.....tougher than you, me or anyone else can ever imagine!

And please, refrain from the C word, you sound like a muppet.

EDIT: And to say that she wanted nothing to do with him when he was living is bs too. He was the one who was caught up in the rock n roll lifestyle that ultimately killed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

:eek: Have you actually MET the woman?? She's absolutely lovely, AND it's clear that she absolutely ADORED him!!! She had a bloody tough life.....tougher than you, me or anyone else can ever imagine!

And please, refrain from the C word, you sound like a muppet.

EDIT: And to say that she wanted nothing to do with him when he was living is bs too. He was the one who was caught up in the rock n roll lifestyle that ultimately killed him.

absolutle spot f*clking on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Another Outdoor night where That Was Just You Life, and End Of The Line didnt open the show :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Het-Field wrote: »
    Another Outdoor night where That Was Just You Life, and End Of The Line didnt open the show :(
    Everytime a show has been outdoors in the last couple of months it has been either a festival or Metallica filming for a DVD so as they are not actually part of the Death Magnetic tour they switch up the set lists. I think its a safe bet come August 1st it will be The Was Just Your Life and The End of The Line starting off :) Although I wouldnt mind them replacing The End of The Line. :D The Was Just Your Life is a great song though so keep that haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

So kids whats the jazz with the gig this year, are ye campin out the night before to get the pit passes or what?

Tonight in Barcelona at Sonisphere they started with Fight Fire With Fire and then went into Creeping Death :eek: now thats a start I would love :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Everytime a show has been outdoors in the last couple of months it has been either a festival or Metallica filming for a DVD so as they are not actually part of the Death Magnetic tour they switch up the set lists. I think its a safe bet come August 1st it will be The Was Just Your Life and The End of The Line starting off :) Although I wouldnt mind them replacing The End of The Line. :D The Was Just Your Life is a great song though so keep that haha

Plus they're playing festivals in a lot of countries that have had the indoor show already. Dublin obviously hasn't so i'll be surprised if they don't open with TWJYL & TEOTL.

Tonight in Barcelona at Sonisphere they started with Fight Fire With Fire and then went into Creeping Death :eek: now thats a start I would love :D

And they got my apocolypse too,the only new tune i haven't heard yet(that's been played on this tour). Hope they throw that one in August 1st.

lord lucan wrote: »
    And they got my apocolypse too,the only new tune i haven't heard yet(that's been played on this tour). Hope they throw that one in August 1st.
    yeah hope so too. My Apocolypse is my favourite song on DM would be great to have it here :D I would gladly accept what Barcelona got tonight haha ..

Fight Fire With Fire
    Creeping Death
    No Remorse
    Of Wolf And Man
    Fade To Black
    Broken, Beat And Scarred
    My Apocalypse
    Sad But True
    One
    All Nightmare Long
    The Day That Never Comes
    Master Of Puppets
    Blackened
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    - - - - - - - -
    Stone Cold Crazy
    Phantom Lord
    Seek and Destroy

Just fling in Hit the Lights and The Wait :D
    But they have to put in Whiskey :rolleyes:

Would love to see them catch everyone out and throw in a cover of "cold sweat" by lizzy instead of 'whiskey',savage tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Plus they're playing festivals in a lot of countries that have had the indoor show already. Dublin obviously hasn't so i'll be surprised if they don't open with TWJYL & TEOTL.

Its no big deal, as I saw one full DM show at the 02 in London in March. I can still say I saw the first European Performance of The Outlaw Torn (without an Ocrhestra) ! However, I really like those two opening songs

My dream list would be !

That Was Just Your Life/Blackened
    THE End Of The Line/Creeping Death
    The Four Horsemen
    Disposable Heroes
    One
    Broken Beat and Scarred
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    Turn The Page
    All Nightmare Long
    Master of Puppets
    The Day That Never Comes
    Dyers Eve
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    Trapped under Ice
    Motorbreath
    Seek and Destroy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Would love to see them catch everyone out and throw in a cover of "cold sweat" by lizzy instead of 'whiskey',savage tune.

Wouldn't mind Stone Cold Crazy tbh, really want to hear that live, and was raging they played it last year in Marley and it was the first Metallica show I missed in Ireland in six years

An indoor gig after this would be nice, a more intimate crowd, the huge crowd is getting on my nerves...saw in indoor gig in Sheffield this Feb gone and it was a refreshing change from the last few years of outdoor Irish gigs

This year would be my 6th gig...metallica gig that is

An indoor gig after this would be nice, a more intimate crowd, the huge crowd is getting on my nerves...saw in indoor gig in Sheffield this Feb gone and it was a refreshing change from the last few years of outdoor Irish gigs

I'm with you on that! This is gonna be my last outdoor show,i've grown tired of them tbh. I seen Metallica twice in the states in january and twice in the uk in march,all indoors,and it's great to see the band up close and personal and not standing at the back of a field. It really hit me after seeing AC/DC in the point,even standing at the back you could see everything. Then i seen them in punchestown and tbh i would have been better served staying home and watching a live dvd. Don't get me wrong,the band were great but standing in a field watching most of the gig on big screens in the pissing rain just ain't my cup of tea anymore,maybe i'm just getting old!!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MickCronin

MCD still have Thin Lizzy on the bill (maybe theres still hope )

but they have removed The Sword

If Thin Lizzy are removed they better be replace them with someone decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Samildánach

Theyd want to make some serious last minute changes to make up for losing Lamb of God and The Sword....

Still looking forward to it, a great Classic Rock band Glyder got on the bill, though it wouldve made much more sense to put them with ACDC instead of the ****ing Blizzards..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I am surprised they haven't added The Blizzards to the bill.

I am surprised they haven't added The Blizzards to the bill.

Give it time:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Got my ticket today, cant wait for it now! Im getting tired of the outdoor in the pissings of rain vibe too so I think Im gonna get in nice and early and get a pit band..the 28 year old kid that I am. :P Only downside to that is Ill be missing the annual pre gig Bruxelles pints which is always good fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

I'm with you on that! This is gonna be my last outdoor show,i've grown tired of them tbh. I seen Metallica twice in the states in january and twice in the uk in march,all indoors,and it's great to see the band up close and personal and not standing at the back of a field. It really hit me after seeing AC/DC in the point,even standing at the back you could see everything. Then i seen them in punchestown and tbh i would have been better served staying home and watching a live dvd. Don't get me wrong,the band were great but standing in a field watching most of the gig on big screens in the pissing rain just ain't my cup of tea anymore,maybe i'm just getting old!!:p

You are getting old ;-) as am I, yeah was at the London shows in Sept and March, and really hope they play indoors next time here, just more relaxed before the opening bars come wafting from the speakers and were off, will still enjoy this upcoming gig - but I'm starting to enjoy comfort a bit more these days.........not into this queue business for getting up front, I'd just be wrecked by the time Metallica came on (unless the weather is actually nice aand you can chill on the grass through the day).....

was hoping Saxon would be added to here after being added to Knebworth - but they're doing Wacken too.......pity....
    hard to know if anyone else will be added now, but 4 good bands and Ax7 will do me I think........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Cant wait for this now , i just hope they play hero of the day :-) PLEASE

NIBBS wrote: »
    You are getting old ;-) as am I, yeah was at the London shows in Sept and March, and really hope they play indoors next time here, just more relaxed before the opening bars come wafting from the speakers and were off, will still enjoy this upcoming gig - but I'm starting to enjoy comfort a bit more these days.........not into this queue business for getting up front, I'd just be wrecked by the time Metallica came on (unless the weather is actually nice aand you can chill on the grass through the day)...

Yeah i couldn't be bothered with all that queing up lark,my mate is a taxi driver and he drove by marley park at 08.00 last year and there were already a couple of hundred kids hanging around waiting to get in!! I was only turning over in bed at that hour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

:pac:

just going back to "Cold Sweat" I'd actually love that, but think "Thunder And Lightning" would be a better fit..........have a slightly thrashy cover by an 80's thrash band called Gothic Slam......think it would sound great.........

for dodgy covers check out Graveworm's effort at Message In A Bottle....

• Advertisement

Wouldnt mind a bit of Breadfan for the cover song :D Anyone hear Metallica at werchter? They are on top form :D. Only half a month left :cool:

Advertisement