Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Wouldnt mind a bit of Breadfan for the cover song :D Anyone hear Metallica at werchter? They are on top form :D. Only half a month left :cool:

James was on top form last night in madrid!! Intro tape for ONE played and he started playing FTB,rest of the band didn't know what the feck was going on?!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

lord lucan wrote: »
    James was on top form last night in madrid!! Intro tape for ONE played and he started playing FTB,rest of the band didn't know what the feck was going on?!!:D

haha yeah saw that on metontour. Must have been the only show since the justice album where they didnt play One

haha yeah saw that on metontour. Must have been the only show since the justice album where they didnt play One

I think download 2003 was the last time ONE got omitted. Not quite sure how Hetfield thought the machine gun/bombs and pyro signaled the start of FTB!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Link?

Stev_o wrote: »
    Link?

Madrid 2
    Posted: 7/14/2009 9:55:00 PM
    - Posted by : MetOnTour
    Night 2 in Madrid started with Life, Line, Horse, Memory, and then the tape for One. But James didn't play One, he went into Fade..... Now BBS is playing... up next, Apocalypse!

That was from metontour:http://www.metontour.com/portal/journal/journal.asp?id=13841

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

So what's the story then, who is actually playing the gig?

And how bad is Marley park to get too and from, I was at ACDC and that was THE WORST TRIP IN AND OUT EVER!!! Although the band were brilliant!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Noffles wrote: »
    So what's the story then, who is actually playing the gig?

And how bad is Marley park to get too and from, I was at ACDC and that was THE WORST TRIP IN AND OUT EVER!!! Although the band were brilliant!!
    The buses home from the last gig we had to queue for ages to get into, although at least buses were provided. Its very out of the way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The buses home from the last gig we had to queue for ages to get into, although at least buses were provided. Its very out of the way though.

Marlay Park is hardly out of the way!

Punchestown yes, but Marlay Park? Handy enough to get to once you hit Dublin and plenty of pubs and shops within walking distance for food & drinks. Might be a little slower to get out from but then isn't every gig?

Well its out of the way if you live in North dublin :p

Stev_o wrote: »
    Link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGNtJh6RAE

Would be good to find out what exactly happened haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Well its out of the way if you live in North dublin :p

Jaysus!

Think of the poor hoors coming up from Cork or Belfast or the like!

Ya poor fecker ya!

P.S. - I live ten mins walk from Marlay! Yippee!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIGNtJh6RAE

Would be good to find out what exactly happened haha

Are we sure this was a mistake? The band seemed to cope pretty well in that video with just continuing on and playing Fade to Black instead of One, you'd think they'd have stopped and said... hey James, wrong song... we haven't rehearsed this.

Really weird, would like to know the story behind this myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

robby^5 wrote: »
    Are we sure this was a mistake? The band seemed to cope pretty well in that video with just continuing on and playing Fade to Black instead of One, you'd think they'd have stopped and said... hey James, wrong song... we haven't rehearsed this.

dont think rehearsing a song like that is necessary...hahaha:D

as far as the queue goes.

il be there very early!! always a good bit of banter...

robby^5 wrote: »

my guess would be they dropped One for Fade to Black just before it and one of the tech guys fecked it up and played the One intro by accident. Very weird though. I cant see how James would play the wrong song.As far as I know they have the setlists infront of them at all times too :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

My guess is Jame's wanted to play Fade to Black. And what ever Jame's says goes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Been looking at some Metallica setlists there, it makes me a bit more excited about seeing them too now.

Yeah they really are mixing it up a lot on this tour. Im still waiting for The Frayed Ends of Sanity though :pac: Kirk did say they were thinking of playing it on this tour :D Better wear my lucky shirt haha :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Frayed Ends of Sanity or Escape, as long as they drag at least one really rare track out before they finish....I don't mind Whiskey but I've heard it 4 times now so another time isn't going to make as much difference as 'Trapped Under Ice' (which we got in Glasgow) or 'The Wait' (which we got in Sheffield)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Basically, Metallica will play what they want and we will like it.

the setlist they played at marlay last year was absolutely savage. some variation on that...bit of blackened..

• Advertisement

Frayed Ends of Sanity or Escape, as long as they drag at least one really rare track out before they finish....I don't mind Whiskey but I've heard it 4 times now so another time isn't going to make as much difference as 'Trapped Under Ice' (which we got in Glasgow) or 'The Wait' (which we got in Sheffield)

Escape is out,james hates the song!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Escape is out,james hates the song!:pac:

I'm not suprised, but where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i would go crazy if they played hit the lights on this tour, when they were about to play the 4 horsemen last year and announced the next song was off kill em all, i was gettin ready to go crazy, although i love t4h hit the lights is one of my favourtie 'talilca songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I'm not suprised, but where did you hear that?

Read the book "So What?". Its in there. He nevr wanted it on RTL in the first place.

Read the book "So What?". Its in there. He nevr wanted it on RTL in the first place.

Yeah,he said it sounded more like a pop song and should never been on RTL but the record company wanted it on and that was that. He said they'd never play it live cause of his disdain for the song!

Makes you wonder why they still play songs from load and reload if he feels that way about escape :pac: Its not the best song on RTL but its not the weakest either. For me that award goes to Trapped Under Ice which is still a great song :D

Anyone ever see Mastodon live? If so what did you think? Only recently got into them and have never heard them live :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Makes you wonder why they still play songs from load and reload if he feels that way about escape :pac: Its not the best song on RTL but its not the weakest either. For me that award goes to Trapped Under Ice which is still a great song :D

Anyone ever see Mastodon live? If so what did you think? Only recently got into them and have never heard them live :D

Saw Mastadon support Slayer in the Ambassador in 2005, and again supporting Metallica at Wembley in 2007. They are always well recieved, and songs like Iron Tusk, and March of the Fire Ants are crowd pleasers. Im most excited about their performance. Moreso then the other supports anyway.

i cant wait for mastodon....

unbelievable live!! hopefully the new album gets a run out...

i cant wait for mastodon....

unbelievable live!! hopefully the new album gets a run out...
    Apparently they are playing it in its entirety!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Piebaldass

What about Alice in chains?anybody find a set list?im having no luck.:mad:

Advertisement