Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica, Marlay Park '09

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Well unless they play the same setlist every time you wont know what they will play till they go on stage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

For me that award goes to Trapped Under Ice which is still a great song :D

I wonder why that randomly ended up being on Guitar Hero World Tour, surely they could have picked something better

Anyone ever see Mastodon live? If so what did you think? Only recently got into them and have never heard them live :D

Saw them in 2005 with Hatebreed, Slayer and Slipknot at one of the Unholy Alliance things in Cardiff

Not a bad band but at the time they weren't the most well known on the bill and they only played for 20mins tops, I think they left after 15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Anybody any ideas of what the stage times might be?...sent MCD at email but I doubt i'll get a reply

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

I'm acctualy jizzing in my pants thinking about seeing mastodon live.

• Advertisement

haha thanks Mastodon sound fairly good live then :D. I look forward to seeing them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

This will be my 5th metallica concert, bit dissapointed about thin lizzy and lamb of god.

Is it hard to get pit passes?, The bus to marlay park from the city centre took over an hour last time, whats the best time to go over?

Any recommendations for hotels?

Alice in chains were good the last time.

Niall0 wrote: »
    This will be my 5th metallica concert, bit dissapointed about thin lizzy and lamb of god.

Yeah it's a shame but then it was never really Thin Lizzy, just some bloke who once played with Phil and wasn't even part of the most famous Thin Lizzy lineup. Lamb of God are a suprise though since they're supporting Metallica all throughout the US I would have taught they'd have made this gig
    Is it hard to get pit passes?, The bus to marlay park from the city centre took over an hour last time, whats the best time to go over?

The best time to get there, for a pit pass, is as early as possible. I recommend around 8am (depending on the weather remember to bring lots of suncream). The queue can go two ways, either the security can tell you all to leave and come back later or they can tell you to queue and wait for your passes. If you are lucky though they may give pit passes to some early arrivals just so that there won't be a queue until about an hour before the gig
    Any recommendations for hotels?
    There are few in the local area, mostly B&Bs, but I would book now - try the Templelogue area - since its safe to assume most will be completely booked up the night of the gig and possibly the night before and/or after
    Alice in chains were good the last time.
    They have a new album coming out in Sep with the new vocalist so they should be stronger this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LiamN86

Is it hard to get pit passes?

The last time I saw metallica was two years ago when Alice in Chains supported them at the RDS.. I got a bus dat morning from cork and we arrived at the grounds for 1pm. Me and my friends all got pit passes... Dont wat the procedure is gonna be dis year but we were obviously pretty lucky dat year.. it does make the day wen u get one but all the same, id rather go drinking before hand and have the craic than queue for hours and hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 LKG

Anyone know what times the bands are supposed to be on at?
    I know it starts @ 3

• Advertisement

You know as much as the rest of us. The times have been removed from the website from what i remember it used to be Metallica on stage at 9 and mastodon starting at 3. Thats probably going to change now with Glyder starting off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Piebaldass wrote: »
    What about Alice in chains?anybody find a set list?im having no luck.:mad:

They played the new song supporting Kid Rock the other night for the first time, so I'd expect to see a couple of full sets this week......

You know as much as the rest of us. The times have been removed from the website from what i remember it used to be Metallica on stage at 9 and mastodon starting at 3. Thats probably going to change now with Glyder starting off.

someone on MetalIreland posted times earlier, Glyder on at 3, other suppot bands getting an hour and Metallica at 8:45 so they'll be on at 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Thanks for posting that vid motley,that's my favourite AIC tune. Vocals sound a bit wobbly but that could be the video,really looking forward to seeing how they sound live on saturday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Its almost only a week to go !

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fade out

whats the easiest way out there from the city centre??the dublin bus is only going at 12ish and i wanna get out there earlier!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

fade out wrote: »
    whats the easiest way out there from the city centre??the dublin bus is only going at 12ish and i wanna get out there earlier!!

No. 16

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Shando316

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    No. 16
    I was looking at this on the Dublin Bus website. Their timetables are extremely hard to understand though

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/16/

Could anyone tell me what time the bus will be stopping at O'Connell Street at? Also, how much do you reckon it would cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

woo woo.

eight days.

they rarely give you the passes and let ya go do they?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

What time are attendees heading over at to get their pit passes ? What time is advisable. Remember, there are five bands as opposed to three, and Mastadon are expected to play the majority of their new album

Het-Field wrote: »
    What time are attendees heading over at to get their pit passes ? What time is advisable. Remember, there are five bands as opposed to three, and Mastadon are expected to play the majority of their new album
    I'm heading down to Dublin from Belfast the night before, staying in a hostel on the friday night, getting up around half 7 on the saturday morning, and getting the 16 bus to Marlay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

il be there by eight anyway.

crack the skye is only about 36 minutes long as far as i remember, so they could technically play it all, as well as some old faves (iron tusk, fire ants etc) although...then blood mountain would lose out... too much choice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Shando316 wrote: »
    I'm heading down to Dublin from Belfast the night before, staying in a hostel on the friday night, getting up around half 7 on the saturday morning, and getting the 16 bus to Marlay

eh the 16 goes Santry, which is the opposite side of the city so don't get that bus. Dublin Bus usually run buses to and from the gigs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 MickCronin

Its official... Thin Lizzy are off the bill and glyder are on it...
    just read it on mcd.ie

I Still think they should get another band

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

eh the 16 goes Santry, which is the opposite side of the city so don't get that bus. Dublin Bus usually run buses to and from the gigs..

The 16 goes from Santry to Rathfarnham...

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/16/

The 16 stops at Grange Road, which is Marlay Park is it not?
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.281165,-6.276817&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=53.281094,-6.277018&sspn=0.001039,0.00284&ie=UTF8&ll=53.275402,-6.27285&spn=0.016629,0.045447&z=15

Also, the first concert bus leaves the city centre at 12, which is too late to get a pit pass.
    MickCronin wrote: »
    Its official... Thin Lizzy are off the bill and glyder are on it...
    just read it on mcd.ie

I Still think they should get another band
    Took them bloody long enough to update their website lol. I agree, another band wouldn't hurt, especially considering that we paid for 7 bands and are only getting 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Whats the oficial line up now? And who the **** are glyder?

zero19 wrote: »
    Whats the oficial line up now? And who the **** are glyder?
    The official line up is

• Glyder
    • Mastodon
    • Alice in Chains
    • Avenged Sevenfold
    • Metallica
    Glyder are a local band from Wicklow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glyder_(band)

• Advertisement

would be nice to see Paradise Lost added to the bill - but can't see it happening, they are playing Sonisphere with Metallica on the Sunday - and have no other dates onthe 1st - so theoretically possible.....

Advertisement