Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fundraiser for animal charity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Hey,

I run one for work so I would be happy to start another one for this and run it. I think we would have to have a few more bits set in stone first but in a few months I will do it...if that is ok with you. If ya need to know more about me or anything just drop me a PM. like you I feel it's time I got off my butt and actually helped out with a fundraiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I think we would have to have a few more bits set in stone first but in a few months I will do it...if that is ok with you.

Absolutely! Thanks a lot:)

Right just a quick up to date for everyone who wants to get involved.

1: I'm putting a due date on all pics to be submitted for 31st July midnight.
    (email to follow)
    So ye all have plenty of time to either take yer pet pics or to decide which one ye like the most :D Also if anyone has anything themed ie halloween, easter, xmas they'd be cool ideas ;)

2:One pic is to be submitted only per person as I want to try to get everyone who submits a pic into the calendar.
    Pics can be of any pet you like from smallies to cats and dogs to horses ;)
    I will prob do a collage of about 2-3 pics per month so hopefully that should fit everyone!!

3.One stipulation for everyone who submits a pic has to buy a copy (It's for charity and you'l get to see your pet in it and of course you will feel good about yourself for donating to charity ;) )

4. All rights to images submitted will stay with the respective owner. A statement to this effect will be published on the calendar.

5.Some ppls photos will be used for promotional purposes as well to promote the calendar. Obviously this will not be done without the owners permission.

Okay i think that about covers everything for the moment.

Does anyone have anything else they would like to add? Or any ideas at all?

Also thanks everyone for supporting this. It's great so many ppl are interested!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 1Star

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
    This sounds really good. i'll be interested in doing more.

This is Sebastian as usual havin fun

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

Not into reptiles personally but that first pic is fab!

+1 very cool.

Has anyone any experience with online calendar programmes? I have one or two in mind mainly as they do collage style. But just wondering if anyone here has happened to use or can recommend a site they may have used before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

1Star wrote: »
    1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG
    This sounds really good. i'll be interested in doing more.

This is Sebastian as usual havin fun

That 1st pic is awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

ARGH. I just typed this out twice because it didn't send first time. Stress.

I would love to get involved in this.

I have a suggestion. Seeing as you want a collage type thing for each month, how about themed monthes, like, a different category of animal for each month. Such as, January - Dogs, February - Rodents, March - Fish, etc.

The animal categories I could think of would be

Dogs,
    Cats,
    Rodents (Rats, mice, chinchillas, degus, chipmunks, guinea pigs, gerbils, hamsters)
    Other small animals (Hedgehogs, ferrets, sugar gliders)
    Fish
    Amphibians
    Reptiles
    Invertebrates (Tarantulas, Scorpions, Stick Insects, Mantises)
    Equines
    Birds

I know that's a lot of exotics included but you'd be suprised what people on here actually keep (I have stuff from a few of the categories)

And perhaps for the extra months that you can't put an animal group in, you could have like, christmas themed pets for Dec, halloween themed pets for october.

Just suggestions, I think it could look great. Anyway, I'll post some stuff later when I'm not in work. (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Would it be a good idea to do a small collage of images?That way more people will get their pic in and will be happier,Say January is dogs and have 4/5 dog images on it Cat's Feb have 4/5 images on it etc

RaeRae wrote: »
    ARGH. I just typed this out twice because it didn't send first time. Stress.

Haha I hate when that happens!! :D

RaeRae and Ricky91t --> Great minds think alike ;)

Great ideas definitly. The only thing is that there would obviously be more cats and dogs so as RaeRae said they could pop into the themed months.

I assume it would be good to say have the calendar ready to go for October? would that be a good idea? I know I tend to do my xmas shopping early (yes I'm one of 'those' ppl :D) and well we can leave a bit of room for error and to start promotional work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

I know people have a varity of pets and everyone wants to be included but I think a single really good shot is better then a collage of photos in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

jen_23 wrote: »
    Haha I hate when that happens!! :D

RaeRae and Ricky91t --> Great minds think alike ;)

Great ideas definitly. The only thing is that there would obviously be more cats and dogs so as RaeRae said they could pop into the themed months.

I assume it would be good to say have the calendar ready to go for October? would that be a good idea? I know I tend to do my xmas shopping early (yes I'm one of 'those' ppl :D) and well we can leave a bit of room for error and to start promotional work.

Crap sorry RaeRae i just wanted to make a quick post before going offline!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Crap sorry RaeRae i just wanted to make a quick post before going offline!

Ahahhaha, why apologise? We were both just helping! As has been said, great minds think alike!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

great idea Jen, i will upload a pic at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

What email do we send the pictures to?
    Can't seem to find it.
    Thanks

Advertisement