Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noob question - Chorus NTL coming next week..

• 30-05-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

To install their 10mb broadband in my house. Now I need to have a broadband connection in my upstairs bedroom for my PC(use if for online gaming too). But downstairs, in my living-room, I have a 360 and ps3. Apparently their 10mb comes with a wireless router but is a wireless router a no go for playing 360/ps3 online?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ive no experience with xbox live but a 7 mb eircom connection works fine for ps3 online through a wireless router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i have their 10mb downstairs and have my 360 in my room

i have no problem playing online with wireless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No problems.

But you need to buy a wireless adaptor for your 360, the PS3 has built in wireless.

or he could use a wiress laptop or a wireless pc if near the 360

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Thanks for the replies all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

dunworth1 wrote: »
    or he could use a wiress laptop or a wireless pc if near the 360

I dont play on line that much , but this i how im connecting and get more disconnects that you can shake a stick at. Good thing im not playing on line at the time. Was fine when we had digweb but for some reason this set up for me on UPC is totaly unreliable.

calex71 wrote: »
    I dont play on line that much , but this i how im connecting and get more disconnects that you can shake a stick at. Good thing im not playing on line at the time. Was fine when we had digweb but for some reason this set up for me on UPC is totaly unreliable.

works perfect for me maybe its some settings on the laptop or a problem with your connection

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

I also have NTL and play wireless on the 360. I have been with a few providers and so far it's the best mainly because its going through the coax cable in the wall and not a phone line.

Advertisement