Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Lugnaquillia from North Dublin

Options
  • 30-05-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if any one has any recommendations on the best way to get to lugnaquillia from North Dublin.

Would you take the motorway to Bray and then the r775, or would you go the blessinton rd? Does it even matter? :-)

Years since I've been there, can't remember the preferred route!

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

ianhobo wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if any one has any recommendations on the best way to get to lugnaquillia from North Dublin.

Would you take the motorway to Bray and then the r775, or would you go the blessinton rd? Does it even matter? :-)

Thanks

Ian

When I head to Lug I take the Glendalough exit of the N11. Then head through Roundwood and Annamoe. When you come into Laragh take a left and follow the road around. You cross the bridge and keep on the road till you come to a right turn for Aghavanagh. Take that right and drive on till you come to a cross roads (the Glenmalure Lodge is at this cross roads). At the cross roads take the right turn and follow the road to the end, cross the river and drive down to the Glenmalure hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Acutally, here are the directions to Glenmalure from AA Route finder. I was the same...
    Travel (Km) and then
    to take total (Km)
    0.0Start out at Dublin Airport,Dublin Uncl.0.0

0.3At roundabout take the 2nd exit (signposted Way Out, Hotels)Uncl.0.3

0.6At Airport Roundabout take the 2nd exit (signposted Dublin, Belfast)Uncl.0.9

0.8At roundabout take the 2nd exit, then join the M1 motorway (signposted Dublin)M11.7

1.8Leave the M1 at junction 1, then at roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the M50 (signposted Southbound)M503.4

13.0M50 Toll (Barrier Free) M5016.4

0.5At Junction 7 continue forward onto the M50 (signposted Southbound)M5016.9

25.9Continue forward onto the M11 M1142.9

3.5Continue forward onto the N11 N1146.4

3.5Turn right onto the R755 R75549.9

0.1Continue forward onto the R755 Entering KilmacanogeR75550.0

3.5(views of) Great Sugar Loaf Mountain R75553.5

10.2Continue forward onto Ashtown Lane - R765 R76563.7

0.1Continue forward onto Ashtown Lane - R765 Entering RoundwoodR76563.8

0.2Continue forward onto the R764 R76464.1

0.6Turn right onto the R755 R75564.7

4.1Continue forward onto the R755 Entering AnnamoeR75568.8

0.1Continue forward onto the R755 R75568.9

4.4Continue forward onto the R755 Entering LaraghR75573.2

0.1Bear left onto the R755 R75573.4

0.0Cross bridge R75573.4

0.0Bear left onto the R755 (signposted Rathdrum)R75573.5

1.4Turn right (signposted Aghavannagh)Uncl.74.8

7.6At crossroads continue forward (signposted Aghavannagh)Uncl.82.4

0.1Finish at Glenmalure,Wicklow Uncl.82.5

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ianhobo

That's brilliant!

Thanks very much for that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭Alun

ianhobo wrote: »
    Hi,

That would depend entirely on which route up Lug you were planning on taking.

If you were going up from Fenton's pub or thereabouts, then Blessington Road to Donard and then on to Fenton's.

If you were planning on doing one of the many routes from Glenmalure, then the scenic route via the Blessington Rd to Hollywood and over the Wicklow Gap to Glendalough and then on to Glenmalure via the Military Rd. or the M50 M11 N11 Kilmac Roundwood Laragh etc. route mentioned above.

Advertisement