Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 Experience plus

Options
  • 30-05-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Lads, i'm on this plan. On what day do you get the reminder text to top up by €20. Is it the day before the 30 days expire or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You know that the new plans were modified so when you topup by €20 in one go before the 30 days expires then a new 30 day period commences.

This prevents people waiting to topup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Davy wrote: »
    You know that the new plans were modified so when you topup by €20 in one go before the 30 days expires then a new 30 day period commences.

Im on the 02 Experience More plan and that is not the case. I joined up on 17th of last month and the free txts to any network were working fine up untill the 1st of this month when they started to use credit. Once I topped up by €20 quid again the free txts did kick in right away.

Venom wrote: »
    Im on the 02 Experience More plan and that is not the case. I joined up on 17th of last month and the free txts to any network were working fine up untill the 1st of this month when they started to use credit. Once I topped up by €20 quid again the free txts did kick in right away.

Well with the experience plus and more plans its based on a rolling 30 day term. The older experience plans were different, that if you topped up on the 29th day that it wouldn't count for the next month. Did you use up the €20 and have no credit in the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

What i was just wondering is what stage your given a reminder that your 30 days have almost passed. is there some way of checking when you last topped up?

Well with the experience plus and more plans its based on a rolling 30 day term. The older experience plans were different, that if you topped up on the 29th day that it wouldn't count for the next month. Did you use up the €20 and have no credit in the account?

I signed up for the plan on 17th and topped up by €20 the same day and by the 18th I saw my txts were not using any credit. I had around 17 quid credit left on the 2nd of this month, this was when I noticed my txts were using credit. I rang 02 customer care and was told about the rolling 30 days gig and the tech was amazed this had happened. A mate in work told me it had happened alot to him and just top up by 20 quid and the free txts would kick in again and he was 100% right.

• Advertisement

aster99 wrote: »
    What i was just wondering is what stage your given a reminder that your 30 days have almost passed. is there some way of checking when you last topped up?

I asked about this with 02 customer care and was told sometimes you get a reminder and sometimes you dont :eek: He told me off the record to just top up the 1st of every month.

aster99 wrote: »

You can login to o2.ie. Go to 'My Account', then select 'Top up history' It will tell you what you have topped up in that month.
    I asked about this with 02 customer care and was told sometimes you get a reminder and sometimes you dont :eek: He told me off the record to just top up the 1st of every month.

Well if you don't topup you are meant to get a text before the 29th day.
    I signed up for the plan on 17th and topped up by €20 the same day and by the 18th I saw my txts were not using any credit. I had around 17 quid credit left on the 2nd of this month, this was when I noticed my txts were using credit. I rang 02 customer care and was told about the rolling 30 days gig and the tech was amazed this had happened. A mate in work told me it had happened alot to him and just top up by 20 quid and the free txts would kick in again and he was 100% right.

Well thats a fault that you should log and get them to fix. Have you checked your account online to make sure your on the 'More' plan and not the older unlimited free texts plan

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

experience plus o2 prepay customer
    i topped up by €20 and the € credit increased but no mention of data increase at all i felt puzzled. Does this mean that data credit automatically appears in rollover figures when the 'top-up before date' arrives ? Advice please ? Was there a special procedure i've missed as i topped up with banking online ?

Advertisement