Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Hop Up Problem

Options
  • 30-05-2009 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

I was using my M4 on Sunday and noticed I was getting no range so I took out the hop up unit and took the whole thing apart, cleaned the rubber and put it back together. Now, when I turn the hop up on, you get less and less range the more you increase the hop.:confused: I have taken apart hop up units before and this has never happened. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

I was using my M4 on Sunday and noticed I was getting no range so I took out the hop up unit and took the whole thing apart, cleaned the rubber and put it back together. Now, when I turn the hop up on, you get less and less range the more you increase the hop.:confused: I have taken apart hop up units before and this has never happened. Thanks in advance!

I have the exact same problem, and i am dieing to fix it. I haven't took it apart or anything. When I go to turn the hop up on the range is shortened and if I turn it all the way up they BB's don't even come out of the barrel =/ ..If you find out how to fix it please send me a Private Message.
    By the way mine is a Dboys M4 S System

Thanks, Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

did you replce the hop up rubber or buckling??

Planing on doing so this week coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

thermo wrote: »
    did you replce the hop up rubber or buckling??

Yeah, tried another G&G one I had lying around then used a brand new Guarder silicone and still nothing.

well if you have replaced the rubber and you have definatly reassymbled it correctly im not sure,,,,,,, is the barel clean?

• Advertisement

Yeah, perfectly clean barrel: I did it when I took out the hop up. Have checked and re checked everything.

maybe you wanna start lookin at the gearbox so...

Fixed it lads. Turned out the nib was not installed right (don't know how I missed that). Thanks for the help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I have the exact same problem, and i am dieing to fix it. I haven't took it apart or anything. When I go to turn the hop up on the range is shortened and if I turn it all the way up they BB's don't even come out of the barrel =/ ..If you find out how to fix it please send me a Private Message.
    By the way mine is a Dboys M4 S System

Thanks, Sean.

sounds like the nub on your hop has been put back in wrong, if when you turn the hop on full it blocks so much of the barrel that a bb can't get through then it's most likely a badly seated hop up nub, take the whole thing apart and put it back together again.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    sounds like the nub on your hop has been put back in wrong, if when you turn the hop on full it blocks so much of the barrel that a bb can't get through then it's most likely a badly seated hop up nub, take the whole thing apart and put it back together again.

Ill have a go at that, Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

In some rifles turning hopup on so much disables the guns ability to fire BB's. The little nub comes up so much the BB's hasnt got the room to pass over it and you get a kind of blocking noise. This is normal on alot of rifles.

A tiny little nub sits in the hop up unit, and when you turn on hop up, this nub gets pushed up into the actual rubber creating a tiny little bump. When the bb hits this at speed, backspin is caused which gives you your " hop up"

Two things to check, take the hop up unit out of the rifle, attached to barell if you want makes no odds.

Then hold the barell/unit to some light so you can clearly see through. Turn hop up fully on then off and repeat. You should see elevation of the rubber just inside the hop up chamber ( the end where the BB's first passes through) If you see the evelvation of the nub pressing against the rubber, you are 90% ok.

If you cannot see any distinct elevation, you mayve have
    A) Lost the nub that pushes up the rubber
    B) Installed incorrectly
    C) Have the thing slightly twisted so that the nub is not connecting correcting against the ruuber.

Youll notice on most hop rubbers a small part of it that is shaped different, this is where the nub needs to touch and engage, make sure they are aligned.

Advertisement