Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

some c&c please

• 30-05-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭

so I actually managed to get out twice this week after about a month of not touching my camera.

on both days I got some shots I sort of liked, but at the end of the day I'm really not happy with them in general, I think I got maybe 3 photos I was happy with. So basically just looking for some c&c on where I can improve, be it composition, post processing or what, I'm feeling very stuck in a rut at the moment!

1. E8DF179BCFBD4CE9A6C807F6B10816FE-500.jpg

2. 0B564CE142744F7B84AC4294F7E7F67F-500.jpg

3.E0229D14494B45B1B664F0F11AB44CAC-500.jpg

4. 87ADBFE80475433698154457353092F0-500.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

I really like 3
    As for c&c never done landscapes so can't do any...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Agree with Rich, there something nice about 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

# 3 catches your eye and brings it into the picture.
    I like #2 as well, maybe because I know that bridge quite well, but in B&W it's more interesting and lively due to the people.
    #1 and 4 are missing something. I am no good in pp. I probably would try a different crop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

Your pictures are good Kateos2. The B&W looks like Bray..?
    Just had a peek on your Flickr, nice Street Shots from November. Maybe a change of scenery will get you out of your rut.

lf your interested, The Docklands Maritime Festival 2009 is happening this weekend, might be some good photo op's here. th_bf-bootjesmiley002.gif

http://www.dublindocklands.ie/maritimefestival/

Linda

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

close B&W is greystones, near the harbour.

yeah I heard about the maritime festival and really wanted to go, but exams start on wednesday so don't think I'll be able to get out for the next few weeks. I know I'm definately going to head into the street performance world championships at the end of june anyway to try get some more street stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi,
    I think maybe you should take more time over composition. Walk around the scene lots, try different focal lengths, get low down and high up. I also like to try every shot landscape and portrait format. Take plenty of shots, I may get 1 out of 20 or 30 I'm happy with!

#1 - I like it, but there's no real point of interest. I think there might be a shot there, maybe if you had zoomed in closer and just had the steps, sea and sky. Nice contrast maybe between the green on the steps and the blues in the sea and sky. You may have been able to bring out more detail in the sky using the graduated filter in Lightroom. I hope you're shooting RAW? ;)

#2 - This looks a bit cluttered to me, composition wise. I like the b&w conversion, I think the blown out sky suits it. I think you could improve it by cloning out the power lines for a start, and maybe re cropping.

#3 - This is my favourite. The greens look a bit over saturated though, I can be guilty of this myself! Maybe a bit of the recovery slider in Lightroom would help too. Some of it looks a bit blown out, or near to it.

#4 - I think there could have been a great shot here. But again I think you would have done better from a different angle. Was it taken from a car window? I would like to see the anchor bigger in the frame and I find the road distracting. Also i'd say the sky could look great if you used the ND grad feature in Lightroom.

Just my opinion anyway. I know the stuck in a rut feeling, kinda there at the moment myself :)

Advertisement