Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photoshop mockup of a website to CSS based website

Options
  • 30-05-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi,

two quick questions:

No. 1: Any good tutorials out there that show the following steps: a) creating the mockup in photoshop. b) slicing the mockup and c) getting it working in Dreamweaver, marking it up with xhtml / css i.e. the whole process.

No. 2: Which is better to use photoshop initially and then dreamweaver or just design the website in dreamweaver alltogether - what is the preference of most web designers - what's the trend?

thanks,

Andy R :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Your questions are quite timely - there were two tutorials on this just published over at NetTuts.

1) Create a mockup in Photoshop.
    2) Convert PSD to HTML/CSS.

There are plenty of tutorials for the PSD to HTML/CSS, just search for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

No. 1: Any good tutorials out there that show the following steps: a) creating the mockup in photoshop. b) slicing the mockup and c) getting it working in Dreamweaver, marking it up with xhtml / css i.e. the whole process.
    You're askign a lot there. There's no single 'tutorial' that's going to teach you that as to do that there's loads of different things you're going to need to learn to achieve that.
    No. 2: Which is better to use photoshop initially and then dreamweaver or just design the website in dreamweaver alltogether - what is the preference of most web designers - what's the trend?
    It depends on what you're goal is. If I was advising someone who wanted to learn about web design and building sites, then learning XHTML & CSS coding is quite important. If someone already knows those and wants to know how real professionals build sites, well then they usually start on paper, sketching out ideas & concepts and layouts, and then move into a design tool like Photoshop. Dreamweaver is unsuitable for this because it is not a design tool, it's a production tool, trying to design in it is not a process I would recommend for anyone engaging in professional level design. If you're a hobbiest, or a developer just looking to build something simple however, that can be a good learning process though.

Advertisement