Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tori Amos in Delgany

Options
  • 30-05-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Tori Amos recording in Christ Church Delgany

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

spacer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭sagat

What a head case, pity she wasn't actually struck by lightening on her visit, it would have been wonderfully appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bart Wilson

Tori Amo's third solo album, Boys for Pele, was recorded in an Irish church, in Delgany, County Wicklow, Ireland, with Amos taking advantage of the church recording setting to create an album ripe with baroque influences, lending it a darker sound and style.

She added harpsichord, harmonium, and clavichord to her keyboard repertoire, and also included such anomalies as a gospel choir, bagpipes, church bells, and drum programming.

Caught a lite sneeze originally recorded in Delgany for the Boys for Pele sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Gee wizz. The music forum is really a better place for this, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Love a bit of celebrity spotting me :D

Thanks for that. I have a few pals who are huge into Tori. I can show off now and pretend that I was in the choir lol

(and mike if it had been in the music forum I would never have seen it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

Nice spot - never knew that. Cheers OP!

Advertisement