Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bishop - dead or alive?

Options
  • 30-05-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

My teacher said she was still alive, living in brazil with her partner michelle someone, but when i googled her everywhere says she died years ago.

Anyone know? If shes dead, we can hardly be asked to write a letter to her!
    Thanks

Comments

She died decades ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Died in 79 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

No way. She's still alive.. I saw her last week. Same with Elvis, and Kurt Cobain. Saw them all at a restaurant last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭lorna100

all I can say is what a tool of a teacher - One of her assignments was to write a letter to bishop...

Thanks for the help, off to change it into a personal response essay..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

lorna100 wrote: »
    all I can say is what a tool of a teacher - One of her assignments was to write a letter to bishop...

Thanks for the help, off to change it into a personal response essay..

nah...do the letter and start it off 'If you were alive this is what i would say in my letter to you......'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

lorna100 wrote: »
    My teacher said she was still alive, living in brazil with her partner michelle someone, but when i googled her everywhere says she died years ago.

Anyone know? If shes dead, we can hardly be asked to write a letter to her!
    Thanks

Adrienne Rich's partner is called Michelle.
    Your teacher is getting her lesbian poets mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

spurious wrote: »
    Your teacher is getting her lesbian poets mixed up.

I know how she feels....I always get my pedophile poets mixed up on the Irish course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I know how she feels....I always get my pedophile poets mixed up on the Irish course.

What about the one who wrote An Oileán (Or however it's spelt, too late for this), that is some seriously creepy shít! Last verse is just filth.

At least O'Searcaigh's poetry is easy* to write about. I'd love if it came up!

*Just like those kids in Nepal...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

They could still ask you to write a letter to her, like imagine if Elizabeth Bishop was still alive today, write a letter to her expressing blah di blah ... etc. you get the idea. Its good to have it all covered like, coz some of the questions asked are awkward as hell and letters have come up before a few years ago, one could be due.

• Advertisement

yummy91 wrote: »
    They could still ask you to write a letter to her, like imagine if Elizabeth Bishop was still alive today, write a letter to her expressing blah di blah ... etc. you get the idea. Its good to have it all covered like, coz some of the questions asked are awkward as hell and letters have come up before a few years ago, one could be due.

yeah you could get something like

'Imagine it's 1970. Write a letter to elizabeth bishop expressing blah di blah.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I wish Bishop was alive. She beats Rich hands down.

God I hate Adrienne Rich... Grr... Stupid pretend lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

pathway33 wrote: »
    yeah you could get something like

'Imagine it's 1970. Write a letter to elizabeth bishop expressing blah di blah.......

Imagine you're a small nepalese boy, write a letter to Cathal O Searcaigh...

Imagine you're Cathal O Searcaigh, write a letter to a small nepalese boy...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

To be fair, he didnt actually break any laws.

What he did was pretty sick, but it wasnt actually illegal. Exploitive? Maybe. Illegal? No, not as far as we know.

Advertisement