Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Landscape Photography Photomapping

• 30-05-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Folks,

I have been busy getting to grips with the Google and Panoramio APIs to develop a photomapping feature on my webpage.

Take a look at it and let me know what you think of it.
    http://www.andymcinroy.com/photomap2.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Bella_Blue_Star

It's really great Andy. All of your selected shots are WOW. And the geotagging is wonderful for giving a sense of location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Very well put together, brilliant idea.
    Congrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Brilliant idea Andy. Not too sure about the reproduction of the shots tho'. If Flickr or Pixie could do this it would be great and we could see the a bigger version if the photographer allowed. Even 800 pixels would be better than the small sizes available.

That said, I have read many of your previous posts and is fantastic to be able to pin point exactly where they were taken. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭amcinroy

Thanks guys,

Valentia, it is actually possible to drill right down to the original images (650 pixels)

1. Click on marker to bring up thumbnail
    2. Click on thumbnail to bring up reduced image on Panoramio
    3. Click on Panoramio image to open up original image in a clear window

Not ideal, but workable. Because the images are geomapped and hosted on Panoramio, it has to be done through their API. But what is very clever is that every time I add and map a new photo to my panoramio account (2 min job) it appears on this map. Up to 100 marker requests can be made through one API request and I have limited the requests to my own photographs only.

Also, I understand that Flickr now has its own API, so there is no reason why this couldn't be integrated into a Google Maps in the same way.

Advertisement