Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do women hate the 'C' Word

Options
  • 31-05-2009 12:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Better not spell it out, but it goes a little like C U * T. Anytime I use this word around women I get a telling off.

Now I know what it means, but I don't understand why so many women dislike the use of this particular swear word. Its the only swear which tends to make you visibly upset.

Any answers for a beleaguered young man?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

what do you mean, you now know what it means? did you only find out it was another name for her snatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Can't say it bothers me. I use it myself occassionally.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

mink_man wrote: »
    what do you mean, you now know what it means? did you only find out it was another name for her snatch?

I always knew what it meant, but they don't seem to take such offense to being called a 'Twat'...

mink_man wrote: »

I think op means ''Now, I know what it means'' rather than Now (that) I know what it means''

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Its the context in which it is generally used - its always in a harsh and derogatory tone... TBH it would really put me off a guy if he used that word.. In saying that, I dont like swearing - think its cheap and common and my OH and I are both on the same page on that one... We both try not to...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It is weird the effect it has on women. Like some women would neve bat an eyelid at every other swear out there, but as soon as the C word comes out it's all "OMG you did NOT just say that I HATE that word!!!!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Piste wrote: »
    It is weird the effect it has on women. Like some women would neve bat an eyelid at every other swear out there, but as soon as the C word comes out it's all "OMG you did NOT just say that I HATE that word!!!!"

He gets it.

Pretty sure Piste is female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

C U Next Tuesday....
    I do use the 'C' word, but only if I lose my temper :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I see how it is offensive when referring to someone. Such as if I was to shout "STFU you cnut!" at someone, they should take offense. But I still use it in everyday conversation out of habit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

It's a regular part of my vocabulary... Don't see why women have to be such cnuts about it! :D :pac:

*note: tongue firmly pressed against cheek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭gwhiz

It's a regular part of my vocabulary... Don't see why women have to be such cnuts about it! :D :pac:

*note: tongue firmly pressed against cheek!

No need to be so rude you cnut :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

Can't say it bothers me. I use it myself occassionally.

Classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Tony3004 wrote: »
    Classy

No need for that.

I understand why someone who doesn't swear might be offended, but if you use any swears then you have to accept all imo.

Tony3004 wrote: »
    Classy

What difference does it make if a man of woman says it? If you don't like it then you shouldn't like it no matter who says it, regardless of gender.
    No need for that.

I understand why someone who doesn't swear might be offended, but if you use any swears then you have to accept all imo.

Exactly. For me, although I wouldn't use it as often as maybe shit or fuck, I still use it. I don't discriminate against swear words. They're all equal in my eyes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Honestly have no problem with it, don't really understand the fuss about it, and think anyone who does should go to a showing of The Vagina Monologues.

Edit: We have no huge issue about calling men pricks... double standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I don't have a problem with it really, it's just another insult. My sister hates it though, so I use it as much as possible around her just to annoy her. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

I use it all the time. Never could figure out why people get so offended over a particular (usually four-letter) grouping of letters.

It's the intent behind it, not the word itself. I'd be far more insulted if someone furiously shouted "You are a HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING, VILE person!" than if they, smiling, said, "Oi, ya cúnt, what's the story?"

People need to get over it tbh. Words are words are words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

**** is a brilliant swear word because it sounds like it should be spelled with an exclamation mark after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I have a friend and he considers Cnut his favourite curse word.

His reason, It's so gutteral, it come straight from the throat and sounds like it should be a bad word. It's such a horror inducing word that people get offended even if you are just saying it. So that makes it a great word.

And I have to say, I agree with most of it. If you want to cause the most disgust in someone of a sensible displacement, you call them a cnut.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

The ladies don't like one of their most prized assets being dragged into the gutter.

Us men are used to being in the gutter whether we deserve it or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement