Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Bus Route

Options
  • 31-05-2009 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

[Mods - asking this in here to benefit from the local knowledge of Corkonians - but if you feel it ought be in Transport or elsewhere - apologies!!]

Hi guys -

Working for the next while out in the airport area - unfortunately I still haven't got my full driving licence so I will be relying on the bus service. I know the 226 and 249 both go from the bus station to the airport but does anyone know where they stop en route? I'm trying to figure out if I have to live close to parnell bus station or whether I can get accommodation a bit further out but on the bus route so if ye know if the bus stops near housing estates etc I'd be grateful for the info!

Alternatively, does anyone know if there's housing within walking distance of the airport - I'd be happy enough to have upto a 30 minute walk to work in the mornings - tis only for the short term after all :p. Would lehanamore/leghanamore possibly fit the bill?

I'd appreciate any info. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Not sure how safe the roads near the airport are for walking. Depends exactly where you will be working. Are you in the actual Airport industrial park ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭AKK

Fairdues wrote: »
    Not sure how safe the roads near the airport are for walking. Depends exactly where you will be working. Are you in the actual Airport industrial park ?

Yup - just been informed that there's a dual carraigeway leading into the airport. I will be in the business park alright.

I'm happy out getting the bus - but I just don't want to live too far from an appropriate bus stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Skylink do an offer for employees of the Airport so you could always try and find somewhere along one of their bus routes :)

http://www.skylinkcork.com/offers.php

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Yes - they stop both stop near the Capwell depot and near Turners cross.

Advertisement