Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on Mahon/Blackrock/Douglas and associated Bus routes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Oleander

Just spent the evening in Douglas to do some research on living there, had some food in Barry's and a drink in O'Sullivans, both places great. Lots of cafes, small shopping centre great, has everything you want, good choice of restaurants. KC's was packed when we arrived and packed when we were leaving, good sign.. We liked it a lot, just need to find somewhere to live now! Thanks for all the feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

10/10A both go from the very end of Mahon Point/Jacob's Island, along Skehard Rd, then 10 goes along Ballinlough Road, Southern Rd, South Terrace and along George's/O'Sullivans Quays and onwards. 10A goes Bournamanna Rd, then South Terrace, George's Quay and teminates on South Mall. 10 is fine schedule wise up to about 7 in the evening then become bit of pain, 10A runs regularly until 7.25 being the last bus from Mahon. The 19 might also be good for you if coming from other points in the suburbs, like Douglas-Mahon, or CUH-Mahon etc. Neither 19 or 10A run on the weekend though afaik.

2 goes from Mahon, through Ballintemple, along Blackroad Rd, then into town. Is there somewhere in particular you have in mind? For some of Blackrock and Ballintemple you'll be able to get away with the 10 and a short walk.

taram wrote: »
    10/10A both go from the very end of Mahon Point/Jacob's Island, along Skehard Rd, then 10 goes along Ballinlough Road, Southern Rd, South Terrace and along George's/O'Sullivans Quays and onwards. 10A goes Bournamanna Rd, then South Terrace, George's Quay and teminates on South Mall. 10 is fine schedule wise up to about 7 in the evening then become bit of pain, 10A runs regularly until 7.25 being the last bus from Mahon. The 19 might also be good for you if coming from other points in the suburbs, like Douglas-Mahon, or CUH-Mahon etc. Neither 19 or 10A run on the weekend though afaik.

2 goes from Mahon, through Ballintemple, along Blackroad Rd, then into town. Is there somewhere in particular you have in mind? For some of Blackrock and Ballintemple you'll be able to get away with the 10 and a short walk.

Plenty of information there, thank you. We're actually thinking now of Douglas as that's getting good reviews too and we were there yesterday and liked it a lot, plenty of stuff around without having to get in the car (if we live in the centre that is). Thanks a mill though for all this.

Barr wrote: »
    What apartments by the shopping centre , is it Jacobs Island ?

No worries about this, looking at Douglas now.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Its all about KCs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

best place ever...... besides ballinlough

Its all about KCs!!!
    Seriously, had a friend who moved from town to Douglas despite working in town just for KCs, he's like a stone heavier now :D

I walk the 20 mins from my house to KCs, makes me feel better about stuffing my face :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Sorry but 4 seperate threads looking for information is too much. Keep it all in here.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

10A goes Bournamanna Rd, .

It's Boreenmanna Road. Despite being a blow-in it drives me mad when folks get the name wrong......

parsi wrote: »
    It's Boreenmanna Road. Despite being a blow-in it drives me mad when folks get the name wrong......
    I apologise! Honestly can say I never paid attention to the spelling of that road, but will remember now :)

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I apologise! Honestly can say I never paid attention to the spelling of that road, but will remember now :)

Apology accepted ;)

Now you too can go around and correct peoples pronunciation !

castie wrote: »
    Sorry but 4 seperate threads looking for information is too much. Keep it all in here.

Sure, sorry about that, new to these forums.

The bus service from Glanmire to Cork City at peak times doesn't seem to be too regular according to my source at Bus Eireann. It's the 246, which doesn't even feature on the Bus Eireann timetable! The route is Knockraha/Hazelwood/Sarsfield Court/Sallybrook/Glanmire/Cork.
    What route in Glanmire does it take, is it Glanmire Road?

Does anyone use the Glanmire service at peak times, and is the bus packed in the mornings/evenings? If you miss the 08.13am bus the next one is 09.40, I mean, that's just ridiculous. Any info re Glanmire would be most appreciated, thanks.

Advertisement