Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maritime Festival C&C

• 31-05-2009 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭

Here's a few of the shots I took today, a little bit of PP on each.

I was thinking the barometer in b&w might be nice, but left it colour only

81463.jpg

81464.jpg

81465.jpg

81466.jpg

81467.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

81570.jpg

81571.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Haven't really captured much of the festival though.

As just general pics though I find them too cropped. It'd be good to see more of the picture with the masts in it...some people? or activity from the festival?

I was there today and thought there was lots going on visually what with all the people and events.

humberklog wrote: »
    Haven't really captured much of the festival though.

As just general pics though I find them too cropped. It'd be good to see more of the picture with the masts in it...some people? or activity from the festival?

I was there today and thought there was lots going on visually what with all the people and events.

No I didn't get many shots of much human activity, had the gf with me so my snapping time was greatly reduced unfortunately, amd didn't really get many more shots of note :(

No I didn't get many shots of much human activity, had the gf with me so my snapping time was greatly reduced unfortunately, amd didn't really get many more shots of note :(
    I ended up taking photos of a bloke in a car having a heart attack and receiving cpr by medics. It was interesting to look at...I wonder how the photos will come out.

Really?? Thats crazy. Post them up when you get them ready

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I wanted to take pictures of the people around myself. But at the end of the day I did not take one with people as focal point. Seems I wasn't the only one with that problem:)

xia wrote: »
    I wanted to take pictures of the people around myself. But at the end of the day I did not take one with people as focal point. Seems I wasn't the only one with that problem:)

Ha thats funny! I dunno, I guess from seeing people everyday, especially since I work in the CC, I really find it rare that they make interesting subjects to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Well. And I am not used to take pictures of people. Thought that's my problem that day as well. I was there on Saturday and was hoping to get some near the music. But there was hardly any music...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I covered this last year and went early this morning..too early as it turned out, stayed a while walking up and down the quays, seen the full Irish navy, ie 1 boat! :P
    The construction work on Sir John Rogerson's quay def effected it this year, split it in two segments which def effected the atmosphere, took a few pics but not bothering me arse yet to up em as I discovered I have dirt on my sensor... :mad::mad:
    Dunno how to remove it.... :mad::mad::mad:

Was there on Saturday too - and barely witnessed any music either :(

• Advertisement

Really?? Thats crazy. Post them up when you get them ready

Well I'll see how they come out. Three tall characters dressed as angels walked past at the same time so I'm hoping I've got a spooky one but I won't know for a while as I was using 35mm through a 116mm camera and it's not easy to get someone to pop them onto cd for a reasonable price.

Fully agree with AR that the construction sites hindered it a lot. Mind you the new bridge next year should tie it all together nicely. Gotta breaks eggs...etc., etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Mr Dave C

3581360526_7b0af0ba01_o.jpg

3581359170_1152997684_o.jpg

3580548879_93db64ca77_o.jpg

3580547931_03f038c46e_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

great shots there, I personally love the details you captured. Well done, love the one with the masts :D

Advertisement