Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best student accomodation??

• 31-05-2009 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey!:)
    Im hopefully going to be starting in DKIT in September and Im gonna have to find somewhere to stay.Ive never even been in dundalk before and know nothing about the place and dont think that Ill be able to go up there before I start so Im gonna have to book accomodation online.So I was wondering what places ye think are the best craic and that are near enough to the college?Id really apprecaiate yer help :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

Rockfield and College Heights for the craic. The best student accommodation there is in Dundalk. If you prefer apartments, you should look around the town, they are all newly built. Even if you're in town center, you are never too far from college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keykeyd

Cool thanks.And do you know anything about dundalk student village or mourne view hall?I heard that their pretty good for if your going into 1st year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

keykeyd wrote: »
    Cool thanks.And do you know anything about dundalk student village or mourne view hall?I heard that their pretty good for if your going into 1st year?

Student village is beside the Crown Plaza hotel. They're apartments but apparently they're fairly expensive. Then again everywhere is. I stayed in College Manor this year. Was €65 a week but then add on ESB, gas and bins and it's very costly.

Hard to know what the cheapest is really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 miller2

im starting in september aswell and am hoping to stay in any of the student accomodations.Do ye know if the people that run the apartments place people from the same year in apartments together?I wont know anyone in dundalk and would hate to be put with people way older than me that have already settled in and made loads of friends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I think that the student village would be great for any first years looking at moving up to Dundalk. You have the student union officers in the same building. The only problem is that the price of these apartments is very high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 keykeyd

yup ive deciced to try and book the student village!I just hope its not already booked up!Do you think that they put people of the same sex,year etc into the same house?h

• Registered Users Posts: 12 pinkladee

Hi, I'd recommend Mourne View Hall, very clean and good security, just ask the management if you'd rather stay with other people in your year :o

pinkladee wrote: »
    Hi, I'd recommend Mourne View Hall, very clean and good security, just ask the management if you'd rather stay with other people in your year :o

Link?

Hi, www.peakeproperty.com is the management company for Mourne View Hall apartments, pricing etc is on their website. I live in Dundalk and like these apartments, I suggest coming to Dundalk for a look around if you aren't too far away. You can have a look around the different student estates and apartment blocks to see what would suit you best. There is a list on the DKIT students union website www.dkitsu.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

How far away is mourne view hall from the college and what are the apartments like? I was on the website but theres not much details about the apartments on them really.

• Advertisement

Hi, it takes me 10 minutes to walk from the Mourne Vierw Hall to DKIT and it takes me 10 mins to walk from Mourne View Hall to the town center. Handy for walking home after nights out and carrying the shopping home, saves on taxi rides. My friend is in the Student Village apartment block and he is out a fortune if he has stuff to carry home from town, it's at least 6 euro a taxi. Apartments are lovely, very clean, 4 bed ones have 2 bathrooms and a dishwasher. 3 beds have one bathroom and no dishwasher, all have washing machines, I think going to the laundrette is a pain in the ass so I always look for a w/machine. Oh, they have digital TV and broadband included in the rent - some places charge extra for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭hamlet1

Cool thanks.And is it just for students?And can you specifiy if youd prefer to be in a 4 bed apartment and who youd like to share with?Sorry bout all the questions but I just cant find anything on the site!

€500 for a deposit seems pretty expensive but €80 seems pretty good for the single room option with free broadband and tv.

Hey, no worries, I actually mentioned to the management that the website needs more info and I know they are having it updated this month. They are pretty cool with things like who you share with and what kind of apartment you want to be in as long as you book early enough, if you leave it late in the summer there might not be much choice left, especially if you want to share with friends. If you are in Dundalk you can call them and they will let you in for a look around. Tis just for students in DKIT or students on work placement so at least everyone is in the same boat - usually the poor student one! No trouble there that I've seen and everyone is really nice to deal with.

Advertisement