Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place to advertise guinea pig?

Options
  • 31-05-2009 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

I've got a single female guinea pig here. Once I'm gone she's not going to be taken care of at all (I do everything for her at the moment and the housemate puts her needs off and off and off) and when my housemate moves back in home she'll be in an absolutely terrible environment for any animal, so I'm trying to find her a good home to go to, preferably with other guinea pigs.

I have no idea where to advertise this and I don't want to have to pay to post an ad on a place like donedeal.

If anyone here happens to be interested, she's a lovely, lovely little animal, but very much one-person. Incredibly cuddly and affectionate with me-- falls cold asleep in my lap for hours. Used to being a single pig and is quite spoiled. Lovely bright chestnut brown with dark brown patches and buckets of personality. Addicted to head scratches. Is also used to having free reign of a good 6m square room 24/7. Quite young, maybe 5-6 months ish.

Have pics of her which I can provide upon request.

Just desperately worried about her after I'm gone, as I can easily see her being neglected and I can't let that happen.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction or may be looking for one. Located in Mullingar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Can you not take her with you, why did you get her if you weren't staying around..sorry bit confused.

No reason why you can't advertise her on here and also on irishanimals.ie and petsireland which both are free to advertise and have a homes needed misc. section, you can post a photo of her on there as well.

Do try and get her a home with another female guineapig no reason why she can't get on with another female if introduced properly and she'll have company all day long then. Guineapigs really should be kept in pairs you'll get the occasional one that hates everyone but in general they thrive in pairs or groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Don't think Customs would be too happy about me taking a guinea pig back to Canada. It's a bit of a long plane ride for such a small creature.

We got her because we figured we'd share the responsibility but that's not the case, I was the one stuck doing all her work and giving her all the attention, I actually have to force him to take her and I have to constantly remind him to even just get her food and hay-- and the only reason we have her on her own is that she was the only one available at the time and we have not for the life of us been able to find another female anywhere near us, we can't drive out to get one, neither of us drive.

I know that once the housemate moves back home she'll be neglected and not treated as she should be, rough kids and all, and they don't even give their dog or horse an adequate water supply so a guinea pig would be so easily overlooked. I don't want that to happen at all.

Edited to include a couple pictures, because she's just too flipping cute;

n503798634_1539745_6474989.jpg
    n503798634_1539744_6030931.jpg

If I had known this would be the case I wouldn't have allowed her to be here but so it goes, people are unpredictable.

Advertisement