Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€1Million competition on i105-107 Is this a record?

• 31-05-2009 3:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭

OK so the path to the million is very unlikely.
    Be a successful caller, correctly guess 5 celebs, go to a race course with numerous others, be a successful winner among the qualifiers, pick the right bag out of 105 to win the million.
    So if someone actually pulls this off, does this make the contest the richest radio game ever? Has A million euro ever been offered anywhere else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Culture2007

flazio wrote: »
    OK so the path to the million is very unlikely.
    Be a successful caller, correctly guess 5 celebs, go to a race course with numerous others, be a successful winner among the qualifiers, pick the right bag out of 105 to win the million.
    So if someone actually pulls this off, does this make the contest the richest radio game ever? Has A million euro ever been offered anywhere else?

Yes, this has been done many times in stations around the world. I think 98fm did something similar a few years back?

The problem I find with these competitions is that a station spends weeks highlighting that a listener could win 1 million euro, but then when it comes down to it, there is no winner. It's a bit of a negative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The problem I find with these competitions is that a station spends weeks highlighting that a listener could win 1 million euro, but then when it comes down to it, there is no winner. It's a bit of a negative.

The Lotto has being doing this to me twice a week since 1988.

Once at the racecourse, and selected, 105/1 is not bad odds. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Where is the test of skill?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

I think 98fm did something similar a few years back?

Million Euro Birthday Game if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Where is the test of skill?

What do you mean you don't watch Winning Streak???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

DMC wrote: »
    What do you mean you don't watch Winning Streak???
    I am under 60 so I don't fit in their key demographic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 buzzbomb

Yes, this has been done many times in stations around the world. I think 98fm did something similar a few years back?

98FM did indeed do it as the one million bag of laughes. Dan Healy was their station manager at the time and is now an owner of I105, as well as that they have the same consulant so easy to guess where this idea came from!!

Its also possible to get insurance for this type of thing - so the real cost to the station is only about 30,000 euro - the insurance broker covers the risk.

nice to see them try something new though:cool:

Advertisement