Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After NAMA: How long before the banks start lending again?

Options
  • 31-05-2009 8:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Once NAMA is up and running, and the banks aren't burdened by their bad debts any more, how long do you think it will be before they start lending again?

I ask this because the business that I work for really needs credit to fund capital investment, but they are finding it very difficult to get approval from the bank.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I am not all that confident that NAMA will have the effect of making banks lend more money.

I don't think the banks will be throwing money around like they have for the last few years in a long time.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for credit becoming immediately available to you if it wasn't before.

Advertisement