Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dog is off his food

Options
  • 31-05-2009 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

My dog is off his food this morning could this be anything to do with the hot weather were having at the monment. This is the first time he has only take half of it

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

yogidc26 wrote: »
    My dog is off his food this morning could this be anything to do with the hot weather were having at the monment. This is the first time he has only take half of it

Thanks

My two are the same, I'm putting it down to the hot weather and just making sure there's plenty of water and shade provided for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'd definetly say its due to the weather, but keep them well hydrated and out of the sun, in a shade if outdoors and they should eat when there hungry.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Same with our both! Second day now. They are eating the doggie biscuits but not the food!:mad:
    Trying now to do it the same way!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Another thought for todays hot weather conditions - USE SUN SCREEN!.

Esp for the white lads, I've two. My younger dog 'Ruby' is dark and doesn't really require sun factor, however Jericho has a white face and tummy and needs sunscreen applied regularly!.

Without laughing now (but I did) I remember someone here posting about his Pitbull whose testicles were sunburnt and he had to apply after sun cream to the dogs balls with a paint brush tied to the end of a broom handle as the dog was snapping at anyone who tried to touch it!.

BWAHAHAHAH (sorry, I laughed again).

But I'm serious on the sunscreen (and the Pibull story) USE IT & APPLY REGULARLY during this hot spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

My brothers GSD is off his the last few days too. Though they noticed he'd actually gotten a bit thin but I assume that he just shed a winter coat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭cloudy day

mine are not eating it in the day either.

love that story bout the suncream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Ruby Soho

Haha, that was my story!! It was my friend's dog, and yes, we are still laughing about it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Takes a lot for my two to go off their food, they aren't eating as much with the heat and they finish off their food in the evening but they are snacking away on it.

Gave them some very cold bio yogurt as long as they are drinking they're ok anyway.

If anyones garden is really hot throw some ice cubes into the water bowl hosing down the garden real quick will help as well even the grass, just a quick spray around.

Advertisement