Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden to Slay Rock Band 2

Options
  • 31-05-2009 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Get ready guys, Iron Maiden are set to hit the Xbox on June 9th so mark it in your calendar!

• Aces High (Live)
    • 2 Minutes to Midnight
    • The Trooper
    • Wasted Years
    • The Number of the Beast
    • Run to the Hills
    • Can I Play With Madness
    • The Clairvoyant
    • Powerslave
    • Fear of the Dark (Live)
    • Hallowed by Thy Name (Live)
    • Iron Maiden (Live)
    World Tour fanboys, feel free to burn your discs around about.... NOW.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

*drools*
    So getting this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I saw this in the newsletter and was like :eek:

Need to get points for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

all i can say is hells yeah! I've been missing run to the hills ever since they wouldnt let me transfer it to rb2 :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

that is absolutely class... Run to the hills here i come... I've become weak without your constant harshness on drums

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    that is absolutely class... Run to the hills here i come... I've become weak without your constant harshness on drums

Screw Run To The Hills! The intro for Wasted Years is where it's at! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Only 2 more days! I have a leaving cert to be doing but **** it. :D

THIS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME.

I managed to 5 star 2 Minutes to Midnight, Aces High and Hallowed by Thy Name first try (expert guitar). The Trooper is really bloody hard though, barely got 3 stars. It's impossible to keep a combo with those trills in the instrumental bridges.

Not enjoying these at all. Songs are just too stupidly hard :(
    Have to drop down a level to enjoy these...

Still have to wait a week to play these,I sent my xbox off to get repaired.

Well the strum bar on my GHWT guitar just died today, wonder if it's a coincidence.
    Back to Smyths with the kit and the receipt to bounce it off their heads for replacement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ParalysedBeaver

The Trooper is probably the only song I would get, as I loved it in GH2.

By comparison to the solo in Wasted Years, The Trooper in GH2 was a piece of piss.

I have a feeling some of these tracks will be more fun on bass.
    The Trooper is probably the only song I would get, as I loved it in GH2.

Why wouldn't you get the rest of them?

I have a feeling some of these tracks will be more fun on bass.

Why wouldn't you get the rest of them?

I'm guessing the first time he's ever heard of Iron Maiden was in Guitar Hero II. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing the first time he's ever heard of Iron Maiden was in Guitar Hero II. :rolleyes:
    And? They're not my type of music. Its not bad, don't get me wrong, it's just not for me.

And? They're not my type of music. Its not bad, don't get me wrong, it's just not for me.

You still must have been living under a rock if you'd never heard of Iron Maiden at all up until you played this game.

You still must have been living under a rock if you'd never heard of Iron Maiden at all up until you played this game.
    Or they were before my time?

The Beatles were about four decades before my time, but if I still told somebody I'd never heard of them, I think I'd be subjected to a slap in the face.

Yes, but Beatles >>>> Iron Maiden. Trufax

Yes, but Beatles >>>> Iron Maiden. Trufax

Matter of opinion, Most of the beatles most popular (covering my ass here) work is three chords and catchy tunes.

Maiden, on the other hand, lasted a lot longer, produced more and (in my honest opinion) better music.

I respect what the Beatles did for music, but they were a glorified boy band for their time, only with instruments.

Hang on a second, why are you even comparing the two anyway???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Perhaps because Rock Band Beatles is out soon? If you like the trooper do you not think the rest of their stuff is worth a listen? How are you sure they're not your your thing if you've only heard ONE of their songs?? :confused:

Perhaps because Rock Band Beatles is out soon? If you like the trooper do you not think the rest of their stuff is worth a listen? How are you sure they're not your your thing if you've only heard ONE of their songs?? :confused:

That'd be my point too.

I only used The Beatles as an example of a band that was probably before all of our times, so relax.

Woot!
    Gotta say, the staff at Smyths at Airside were very helpful. Swapped out the GHWT solo guitar pack for a new one!

Meaning i can tackle the maiden tracks with a proper working guitar. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭mikeglee

Noooooooooo!......Come to guitar hero!!!!!!!!!!UP THE IRONS!!!!!

mikeglee wrote: »
    Noooooooooo!......Come to guitar hero!!!!!!!!!!UP THE IRONS!!!!!

Maybe if you trade in your copy of Guitar Hero you'll get just enough to buy the Iron Maiden pack... If you're lucky. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

What is this on then, is it Guitar Hero or Rock Band...??? I have a PS3 and was going to get GH...??

Noffles wrote: »
    What is this on then, is it Guitar Hero or Rock Band...??? I have a PS3 and was going to get GH...??

It's for Rock Band 2

Wow, managed to do three stars for both Run To The Hills and Wasted Years (almost four, to be fair), my fingers now have blisters on them and have vowed not to take such a long layoff from the game next time.

Listened to them, dont like them. Its not for me.

• Advertisement

I got the email saying my xbox is on its way back to me,can't wait to play these.

Advertisement