Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Guitar hero Metallica

Options
  • 31-05-2009 9:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭

My son bought Guitar Hero Metallica yesterday and it wont play properly. Checked online and it seems to be something called 'controller lag'. the funny thing is that up until yesterday he was plying the Aerosmith game with no problems but now this isn't working either. It scrolls through the menus really quickly and doesn't play the notes. Can anyone help?? He saved for ages for this game :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Fionagus wrote: »
    My son bought Guitar Hero Metallica yesterday and it wont play properly. Checked online and it seems to be something called 'controller lag'. the funny thing is that up until yesterday he was plying the Aerosmith game with no problems but now this isn't working either. It scrolls through the menus really quickly and doesn't play the notes. Can anyone help?? He saved for ages for this game :(

It might be something to do with your setup. Do you have a HDTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

It might be something to do with your setup. Do you have a HDTV?

No and he had no problems with the Aerosmith game or controller until he loaded the new Metallica game last night - now nothing works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

In the menu you can adjust the delay to match the audio lag. It's more common if you are playing with surround sound, But try and time to see how far the notes are off then adjust it to match!

In the menu you can adjust the delay to match the audio lag. It's more common if you are playing with surround sound, But try and time to see how far the notes are off then adjust it to match!

Thanks - he tried it and it's working now. Its still doing that thing in the menu though - flying through all of the options and making a sound like machine gun fire but at least he can play the game.
    Cheers Bluemachavel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Thanks - he tried it and it's working now. Its still doing that thing in the menu though - flying through all of the options and making a sound like machine gun fire but at least he can play the game.

No prob :D

When he is finished try re-syncing the guitar with the console. Might help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Could be a faulty guitar button too - mine was broken out of the box.

Possible that the green button is selecting automatically?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Its still doing that thing in the menu though - flying through all of the options and making a sound like machine gun fire
    Sounds like a problem with the strum button, had the same thing happen with my Aerosmith guitar when I bought it, I'd take it back and get a new.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Sounds like a problem with the strum button, had the same thing happen with my Aerosmith guitar when I bought it, I'd take it back and get a new.
    Thanks, you're right cos the the strum button stopped working completely last night.
    Will try taking it back to Smyths later today. It's five months old though :rolleyes:

Thanks, you're right cos the the strum button stopped working completely last night.
    Will try taking it back to Smyths later today. It's five months old though :rolleyes:
    Don't let them tell you it's wear and tear, if they do, tell them to do a google search for "faulty strum button", it's not a rare fault and guitars have been recalled once before for the problem.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Don't let them tell you it's wear and tear, if they do, tell them to do a google search for "faulty strum button", it's not a rare fault and guitars have been recalled once before for the problem.
    Fair play to Smyths - they replaced it no problem:D

• Advertisement

Good stuff, no more peace and quiet for you now :pac:

Advertisement