Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wacken ?

• 31-05-2009 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

Anyone else feel the line up for Wacken is a bit meh ? So far there is only about 4 bands I want to see that are playing, would they usually name the 'big name' of metal the closer they get ? I'm praying for the likes of Immortal/Morbid Angel to be announced but I can't see that happening :pac:

Hopefully I come away with a few bands to listen to when I get back.

Feel free to move karl, wasn't sure if it would be best suited for here or gigs forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The big bands are usually named first, the headlining bands are unlikely to change. Was planning to go just for the craic, which is always good at wacken, but the line up is a bit meh.

Going to Hellfest and Brutal Assault instead, hellfests lineup is immense. On one stage on the Sunday (not even the main stage) it has:
    Aborted, Kataklysm, Pestilence, Napalm Death, Cathedral, Moonspell and Amon Amarth!!!!!
    Thats a lineup worth the journey to france alone for, in total I have 30 bands to see over the 3 days, such a consistant lineup and a great variety of styles too, looking forward to Heaven and Hell too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'll see you on the flight to Hellfest so ;)

The lineup is pretty sweet alright ! Looking forward to Pestilence the most atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

hmmm must find more about hellfest....pugsley givin serious thought to headin to brutal assault too. Would u mind pmin me how ya plan on gettin there cos ive no idea !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hellfest is in two weeks time, ya better get yer move on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Last year we flew with ryainair and got trains, as soon as you get into Czech it's cheap as chips, but the flights there are expensive, haven't got them this year yet but will probably be about £100 or more. Also quite easy to navigate your way there, follow any of these routes:
    http://brutalassault.cz/en/info/
    Their all pretty comprehensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭djScarey

In Flames are holding a signing session 7.15 to 8.00pm at the official Wacken signing tent on Friday July 31st. Don't forget your official merchandise chainsaw...

Advertisement