Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S&R Helicopter on River

• 31-05-2009 10:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Guys what was with the S&R helicopter on the river near the bridge at 5pm yesterday, there were also lots of gardai & fire brigade, please tell me it was some kind of training excercise, and not an actual rescue?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

It was down by us aswell (Near the hospital). Happens more often than you'd like to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I heard what happened but not sure if I should say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

A man was seening entering the water around that time, there is civil defence down there now at the moment searching so i persume he was not found yet,
    a shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I've heard that a drunk man jumped off the bridge buts that not 100%

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

A guy jumped in alright lads. Place is gone crazy lately. A cousin of mine did it last week in carrick. She was only 39... Hearts broken over it. So sad that it happens :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 starlightp21

apparently the cops done him for drunk driving and he told them he'd jump in the river. they followed him down and tried to rescue him and he didn't want help. sad. we've been out looking for him too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Is this guy still missing? The rescue helicopter was definitely searching Woodstown beach yesterday, the lowest I've ever seen it in normal flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭recharge

No was picked up last week by the carrack river rescue crew.

Advertisement