Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volvo Ocean Race, Galway In-Port Race

• 31-05-2009 12:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

Gallery from yesterdays In-Port race.
    It was fairly flat and not windy yesterday but because of all the spectator and media boats it was a nightmare trying to keep the camera steady - I was shooting above 1/800 - 1/1000 to get still images - Gallery Here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Some excellent photo's there, would have loved to have been out on a boat for a closer look at the races. Could see hardly anything from Salthill due to mixture of haze and distance so nice to see some close-up shots. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

majiktripp wrote: »
    Some excellent photo's there, would have loved to have been out on a boat for a closer look at the races. Could see hardly anything from Salthill due to mixture of haze and distance so nice to see some close-up shots. Well done!

Thanks. Yea I think they moved it out due to issues with the the depth of water.
    Even out there there was still issues with the haze - prob could have done with a polariser for some of the shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Some great pics there, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Some really nice images there, well done.

I was out there today and boy of boy it was hot. Luckily there were very few press boats out there today so it made for some nicer shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Some really lovley shots. Well done (jammie sod :p:D).

I was down in the harbour on Thursday. Unfortunately by the time I got out of meetings it was 9.30 and getting dark :mad:. Would have loved to have been down for the weekend.

• Advertisement

Some great photos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Some really great images there. Shows you've an interest in sailing as well as photography. :D

Really nice action there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Stunning shots. Did you crop them for boards? Would they be better with the full boat and Sails in the frame, for framing and display?

Thanks for all the comments, was a very enjoyable day. Not sure if I'll make it down for the start of the next leg... :cool:
    Paulw wrote: »
    Some really great images there. Shows you've an interest in sailing as well as photography. :D

Really nice action there.
    Thanks Paul, on a non-salt related issue the shutter on my 40 stopped working - Not happy! - Have to have a chat to you about that
    LeoB wrote: »
    Stunning shots. Did you crop them for boards? Would they be better with the full boat and Sails in the frame, for framing and display?
    No I just cropped to what I reckon looked best. I've been sailing since I was a kid so I've seen enough Volvo/Whitbread races in my time.
    If all shots were of the full boat you wouldn't be able to see enough detail. Variation is the key (in my opinion anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭greeneyedspirit

great shots, what a weekend. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Really enjoyed looking at those shots. Cracking stuff! Thanks.

Thanks all, really enjoyed taking them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Some beautiful shots in there.Thank you very much for sharing them...;)

Advertisement