Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Island , Washington Street Ridiculous dress code

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

I remember being in there one night - the place was dead! Think it was early on a Saturday night - one of my buddies and I were watching some football highlights on the tv - just having a few relaxing pints and some fella came out from behind the bar and put on Fashion Tv - Fashion TV???????? There wasnt even more than a handful of women there and they werent watching the rubbish fashion either!!! I mean come on - what the hell was that all about - I know the Crane Lane doesnt show football matches etc as thats there policy and I'm fine with that but to actualy switch off something people were watching and switching on Fashion Tv just finished me with the place - stayed for a few more drinks because we didnt want to give the idiot the satifaction of letting him know he annoyed us . So I'm not one bit surprised by this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Charlybird

In fairness that was a bit silly.I am in total agreement he should have asked was anyone watching it, it's only good manners :).hey did anyone go to the new bodega yet? it's alright but don't like the 15euro head charge for weekends. bit steep with the lack of money around these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kurosaki_

The Long Island bar is one of the best places to go on a Thursday before heading out to the clubs (around 22:00), usually a bunch of people there and I have never seen them enforce and dress code :S

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

I wont be going into Long Island after reading this thread . What nonsense , no earings , ridiculous .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I wont be going into Long Island after reading this thread . What nonsense , no earings , ridiculous .
    Its only no earings when the manager deciedes its no earings , the barstaff , bouncers and everyone else are grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Its only no earings when the manager deciedes its no earings , the barstaff , bouncers and everyone else are grand.

I'll spend my money in other watering holes thank you very much .

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

finally a place to complain about this place, this ridiculous pretentious stuck up its own a$$ crapology establishment.

ive never had a problem getting in and ive been in there a few times due to partys or having to go because of girls ive been out with cause you know how the girls like cocktails *sigh*.

the last few times i was there before i headed off the pints were rank, the bar staff slightly rude and as someone said the lay out of the place is shocking. the atmosphere is useless and the posers that drink in here have to be seen to be believed.

hopefully ill never be dragged to this place again since i most definitly wont be going there by personnel choice anytime soon. ill stick with barbucha, the brog, slate, crane lane,SoHo, preachers or anywhere else but the long island

really a bad bar and dont see why people drink there although the number of people going there has dropped a lot.

**ranting due to boredom on duty**:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

I had to laugh when I saw the Long Island being described as a pretentious bar...anytime I was in there I left fairly quickly as it is full to the brim of scummers. To be fair, they are the scummers who try to disguise themselves as non-scummers, but you can always tell by the moussed hair, blonde streaks in dyed black hair and of course, glittery blue eye-shadow... and of course the dresses from the Swamp. Its an absolute dive, particularly on Saturday nights. Best avoided I'd say!

Advertisement