Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa del ireland

Options
  • 31-05-2009 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hey all sum weather we are having lately the heat is unreal.I was cruising around today and looking at the scenery .i was amazed how magnificent ireland looks during good weather like small things you wouldnt notice when its pissing rain.it got me thinking imagine if irelands weather was constantly this good .it would be the best country in the world.the last two days have been a unbelievable.im burnt alive. Heading to the Tipp game now to see tipp hammer cork happy days. :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

gotta agree ive been noticing it myself...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

and the weathers gonna last through the week :D

I have to say, i was down by the lake yesterday. never been so relaxed and water glistening was truly beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Looks lovely through the window.

Fuppin' job...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Ireland is a beautiful country, we get the rain to keep it green and now the sun to show it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Been saying that for years. Ireland looks so much better when there is sunshine and warm weather. Even if it just lasted for the summer months. I´ve been all over the world and Ireland rivals everywhere i´ve been for natural beauty but unfortunately our weather lets us down and we never really get the opportunity to plan anything and enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

The West can be stunning, the sun hitting the sea in Crookhaven in Cork, or the Cliffs of Moher. Its incredible...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I thought this was a thread about Paul Williams latest scoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Been saying that for years. Ireland looks so much better when there is sunshine and warm weather. Even if it just lasted for the summer months. I´ve been all over the world and Ireland rivals everywhere i´ve been for natural beauty but unfortunately our weather lets us down and we never really get the opportunity to plan anything and enjoy it.

ireland does indeed have gorgeous scenery but you obviously havent been to switzerland , austria , south africa or new zealand , ireland is a plain jane by comparrison , we have gentle scenery as opposed to spectacular sights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

sure the leaving cert is on wednesday, of course the next few weeks are going to be the nicest of the whole summer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Flippin work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Just finished a round of golf. What a morning for it! Even though I only got 4 hours sleep I couldn't wait to get up and bask in that heat!

Might head for a cycle now for ice cream

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I don't even have to leave my garden for the beauty =p

http://i35.tinypic.com/2z4lk3n.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Walking along the prom in Salt Hill the last few days has been great. Lovely family atmosphere around the place. Relaxed as hell. The sun seems to calm us Irish down. Or perhaps it forces the worst of us indoors to get our fix of anti-social behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

kateos2 wrote: »
    sure the leaving cert is on wednesday, of course the next few weeks are going to be the nicest of the whole summer.

Twas the same for myself a few years ago - its practically written in stone that the best weather is during leaving cert exams !!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mr.S wrote: »
    its not hot enough for just shorts and tshirts

its to hot for jeans.

I just don't know what to do:(

Buy more clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,878 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

DecTipp wrote: »
    Hey all sum weather we are having lately the heat is unreal.I was cruising around today and looking at the scenery .i was amazed how magnificent ireland looks during good weather like small things you wouldnt notice when its pissing rain.it got me thinking....

dunno...If Ireland's weather was like this all the time ("constantly this good ") we wouldn't have the nice, lush plants, deciduous trees, green grass etc that make the place look so great when the sun does come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

was working all day yesterday but looking out at the boats on galway bay on my way out to work it looked amazing, never seen so many boats in the bay! gonna try get out and catch a few rays today before work tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

its to hot for jeans.

Hawaiian shorts.

Longer than normal shorts. Love wearing them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Wow! Where's that? I might squat

and take a dump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

It is actually unbelievable how nice it is out in the past few days.

It is a given however that the nicest weather will be now for about 2 or 3 weeks and then it will be miserable for the rest of the summer until roughly the end of August.

What i like about the good weather is the fact people are catching more Vitamin D which makes them happy

= an overall happier island with people actually being nice to each other for once.

however, do take care and drink fluids/put on cream or else you will be seeing plenty more of that lovely irish sun ... from inside A+E with your dehydration/sunstroke.

• Advertisement

its to hot for jeans.

3 Quarter lengths ;)

Or else a pair of Canterburys .. if you please.

DubMedic wrote: »
    It is actually unbelievable how nice it is out in the past few days.

It is a given however that the nicest weather will be now for about 2 or 3 weeks and then it will be miserable for the rest of the summer until roughly the end of August.

What i like about the good weather is the fact people are catching more Vitamin D which makes them happy

= an overall happier island with people actually being nice to each other for once.

however, do take care and drink fluids/put on cream or else you will be seeing plenty more of that lovely irish sun ... from inside A+E with your dehydration/sunstroke.

Buzzkill.

Dont shoot the messenger :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Aah, curse my stupid stupid exams i've gotta stay in studying stupid mind numbing crap while outside it like the mediterranean!!!

And i bet you, as soon as my exams are over, the weather is gonna go back to its usual cold wet ****ty self.

Aaah, i hate this!!!!!

I want more global warming!!!!!

Thats a really fancy place you live in.....
    All of i've around my house is a bunch of annoying kids running around!

Aah, curse my stupid stupid exams i've gotta stay in studying stupid mind numbing crap while outside it like the mediterranean!!!

And i bet you, as soon as my exams are over, the weather is gonna go back to its usual cold wet ****ty self.

Aaah, i hate this!!!!!

Take the books outside into the garden , that way everyone wins.

Aaah, i hate this!!!!!

how about you put the words your learning onto your chest, let them burn in, so not only do you get a tan.... when you go to do your test your have all the notes handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

DubMedic wrote: »
    Take the books outside into the garden , that way everyone wins.

can't...
    study on my laptop... And garden is full of weeds and lately daisys...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

I got 2 questions- what do you do and how do you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

If we had this weather all the time then we wouldn't have all the green stuff :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I got 2 questions- what do you do and how do you do it?

It's only decent from that angle tbh.

The 1 bedroom cottage I live in is about a hundred years old and the roof leaks. lol

Advertisement