Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa del ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Dying of hayfever with all this sunny weather. Hate it TBH. Gimme the rain anyday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Hung around Killiney/Killiney beach for most of the day. Weather and scenery were both incredible. The views and the architecture on the sea side of Killiney hill are jaw dropping.

It really gives explanation as to why several parts of Killiney are named after parts of Italy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

dyl10 wrote: »
    Hung around Killiney/Killiney beach for most of the day. Weather and scenerywere bothincredible. The viewsand the architecture on the sea side of Killiney hill are jaw dropping.
    Stop talking about the Killiney girls like that ;):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

I could really get used to this heat & BBQs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

irish_bob wrote: »
    ireland does indeed have gorgeous scenery but you obviously havent been to switzerland , austria , south africa or new zealand , ireland is a plain jane by comparrison , we have gentle scenery as opposed to spectacular sights

I've been to New Zealand, Australia, Frace, Spain, Portugal, Greece/Crete, America ect...
    I've seen all these countries have to offer. Yes, they are stunning but so is Ireland.
    Just yesterday i was driving through the hills in Wicklow around Brittis Bay, the sceneary was just as good as anywhere else i've seen.
    Wicklow wouldn't even be the best place to be looking.
    Take a trip down to Innís Meain this summer, when you wake up in the morning, make sure the first thing you look at is the sun hitting The Cliffs of Moher.
    Beautiful, just stunning.

If you really don't think Ireland can offer the same sort of stuff as the countries listed above, you are seriously in the dark.

Highsider wrote: »
    Dying of hayfever with all this sunny weather. Hate it TBH. Gimme the rain anyday

Suck it up and enjoy the weather.

http://www.assetchemist.co.uk/images/uploads/Piriton_Allergy__.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Majority of people just couldn't care/don't have time to appreciate the beauty this country has to offer, Majority are busy busy busy.

However I agree with the point that this country does indeed have some nice sights and scenery ( and the majority of people are nice , however there are a small minority dragging us down ).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I was thinking about this yesterday when we took a spin out to Carlingford. It really is one of the most beautiful places ever! Wicklow is another place that would take your breath away. I was just saying to my oh....just to appreciate the view, imagine you lived all your life in Arizona, miles of arid dusty soil..then you came on holiday to Ireland. Just imagine how you'd feel looking around you. To live in a place like this with mountain and seas, all green and fresh, it's easy to take it for granted....the one good thing about our unreliable climate, is that every so often we get a gem of a day when the sun beams down and it's like turning on a light and we see our country with new eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Ann22 wrote: »
    I was thinking about this yesterday when we took a spin out to Carlingford. It really is one of the most beautiful places ever!
    You're not wrong Ann22. The whole Carlingford/Ravensdale area is enough to make even a hardened old tough guy like Pighead swoon.

Went walking around the area last week with Miss Piggy and the dog and between the three of us we were swooning the whole day long. There's just so much to swoon at. Even the sheep are more swoony than your average sheep. That's Louth for you really. Like Kylie and little baby squirrels, It may be small but it's most certainly beautifully formed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Don't tell me this, I left in search of sunnier climes and work! Next you'll be telling me the big "R" is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Ireland was nice enough today but this is not Ireland this is just rubbing our nose in it. Ireland is rainy, misery, negative equity, idiots voting for Fianna Fail, Rip-off everything, unattractive women with knack bellies hanging out, Ireland is snobbery and paying too much for everything. Don't get fooled people, this is some sort of bizarre weather for the benefit of tourists for everyone else Ireland is misery.

Took some photos today and while nice I would say that about 80% of the world would still kick Ireland's ass. I went to drive around the Ring of Kerry today but turned back at Waterville as tbh the Yungas road in Bolivia is an absolute Motorway in comparision, roads fit for donkeys nothing else.

• Advertisement

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Ireland was nice enough today but this is not Ireland this is just rubbing our nose in it. Ireland is rainy, misery, negative equity, idiots voting for Fianna Fail, Rip-off everything, unattractive women with knack bellies hanging out, Ireland is snobbery and paying too much for everything. Don't get fooled people, this is some sort of bizarre weather for the benefit of tourists for everyone else Ireland is misery.

Took some photos today and while nice I would say that about 80% of the world would still kick Ireland's ass. I went to drive around the Ring of Kerry today but turned back at Waterville as tbh the Yungas road in Bolivia is an absolute Motorway in comparision, roads fit for donkeys nothing else.

Sometimes i wish there was a thumbs down option.
    Typical pessimistic Irish.:mad:

Nice pictures though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

CianRyan wrote: »
    Sometimes i wish there was a thumbs down option.
    Typical pessimistic Irish.:mad:

Nice pictures though.

Pessimistic no... Realist yes.

Nothing real about that. Why in the name of god would we get so many people coming over here and having the time of their lives, even with the regular shít weather?

Ireland's class, embrasse it or GTFO as far as i'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I think Ireland is good in its own way.

Sure its not as scenic as switzerland or newzeland but its still a pretty country.
    I'ld say I prefer Dublin to most cities i've been to around the world.
    Its small and there isn't much to do here but it still makes you feel good in a way.

And economy wise Ireland is not any worse than most other countries in this part of the world. Especially if you look at UK and USA, they're in pretty deep ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

And economy wise Ireland is not any worse than most other countries in this part of the world. Especially if you look at UK and USA, they're in pretty deep ****!
    Why bring up the economy in a thread about the great weather??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

ireland does indeed have gorgeous scenery but you obviously havent been to switzerland , austria , south africa or new zealand , ireland is a plain jane by comparrison , we have gentle scenery as opposed to spectacular sights

Been to all of them except New Zealand. Heading there tonight though. And if you think those countries you listed have some of the best scenery in the world there must be a lot of places you have not been too. Or maybe we just have different tastes.

Why bring up the economy in a thread about the great weather??

Well, i think i managed to mention something positive about the economy there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i was at the beach in killiney today, absolutely beautiful with the sun shining, killiney hill on one side around to bray head and the sugarloaf on the other.would love to have the millions to live in some of them houses on killiney hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I often thought about Ireland with a different climate, imagine the vineyards of Connemara and the orange groves of Donegal. Could happen.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Driving home from the OH's house this eve, there were people, and lots of them, swimming in the Weir in Lucan, I was nearly gonna park up and join them :D looked very inviting.. Was too tired though.. Happy Days though.. Long may it last.. The only downside of it is, we're all gona be on a serious downer when our 'real' climate returns :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,557 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What the **** were you expecting around the ring of Kerry? A 4 lane motor way. FFS, thats half the draw of the place.
    While your comments on the country as a whole arent a huge amount off the mark, this country has a hell of a lot to offer in weather like this. Achill, West Cork, West Kerry, the Ulster coastline, are unmatched when the weather is good, even on the worst of days, the sea can make a stunning piece of scenery, you just have to be able to appreciate.
    I for one LOVE this country and wouldnt live ANYWHERE else in the world. Sure, its got its problems, but so do the majority of countries, travelling as a tourist in them however you rarely get to see them.

Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ireland's climate is greatly influenced by the Gulf Stream, which brings us mild weather all year round

The weather here isn't really bad. In Dublin the average rainfall per year is 30 inches... in Miami it's 60! The only difference is that we have a more regulated climate, perfect for agriculture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭newname

I had the thermometer out today and it was 27 celcius in the shade here in donegal. Compared to last week when the grey clouds were nearly touching the roof and rain was falling in that slow and steady irish way its a different country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Been to all of them except New Zealand. Heading there tonight though. And if you think those countries you listed have some of the best scenery in the world there must be a lot of places you have not been too. Or maybe we just have different tastes.

come back to here after youve returned from new zealand , ireland is a plain jane by comparrison , every turn you take is a picture postcard , its constantly rated in the top 3 most beautifull countries in the world along with the likes of south africa , norway , thailand etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

come back to here after youve returned from new zealand , ireland is a plain jane by comparrison , every turn you take is a picture postcard , its constantly rated in the top 3 most beautifull countries in the world along with the likes of south africa , norway , thailand etc

Janes a ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Ireland's climate is greatly influenced by the Gulf Stream, which brings us mild weather all year round

The weather here isn't really bad. In Dublin the average rainfall per year is 30 inches... in Miami it's 60! The only difference is that we have a more regulated climate, perfect for agriculture

actually this past three years irish agriculture has suffered greatly due to the incrdibly large amounts of rain weve had , we do not get an optimum amount of rain in this country like they do in newzealand when it comes to farming , we get too much , i grew up on a farm and regulary help out on my brothers place

the month of may cost the average farmer in ireland around two grand such was the unprecdented levels of rainfall , im serious when i say non farmers dont notice the weather near as much , may was bordering on cataclysmic for many farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Steo46

According to the BBC long range forecast for Ireland, We are going to have a long hot summer this year. Hope they get it right.

Steo46 wrote: »
    According to the BBC long range forecast for Ireland, We are going to have a long hot summer this year. Hope they get it right.

If they're as accurate about the weather as they're with their economic predictions....

Buzz Kill!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

A drive thru' Irelands countryside in fine weather would rival anywhere else in the world for my money.

I've yet to sample the vast beaches of Donegal in summer, but they look magnificent in photos.

Kev.

• Advertisement
Advertisement