Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us the top 10 things you'd....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

mine would be

1. secularisation of state-run institutions & the constitution
    2. introduction of nuclear power
    3. gay equal marriage/civil union rights with relation to taxation, inheritance, etc...
    4. strichter laws regarding white collar crime
    5. regulated legalisation of cannabis for recreation
    6. transparent competition and review of government contracts & spending
    7. outlawing transportation of POW's or foreign troops/equipment through Ireland for the purpose of war
    8. more education campaigns and support for mental, sexual and other forms of personal health
    9. lower VAT
    10. More support for international partenerships which bring large employers to the country

It's fairly idealistic but these are things I would support. How I would do them I don't claim to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

legologic wrote: »
    mine would be

1. secularisation of state-run institutions & the constitution
    2. introduction of nuclear power
    3. gay equal marriage/civil union rights with relation to taxation, inheritance, etc...
    4. strichter laws regarding white collar crime
    5. regulated legalisation of cannabis for recreation
    6. transparent competition and review of government contracts & spending
    7. outlawing transportation of foreign troops through Ireland for the purpose of war
    8. more education campaigns and support for mental, sexual and other forms of personal health
    9. lower VAT
    10. More support for international partenerships which bring large employers to the country

It's fairly idealistic but these are things I would support. How I would do them I don't claim to know.

I agree with everything but 3 ...because im a dickhead!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I wouldn't be too sure about nuclear power.
    Sure they have the capability to power the country for a million years but they also are quite damaging. They produce nuclear waste which is a challenge to get rid of.
    And then more importantly they need to build to amazingly high standards or else a small leak could end up in a catastrophe. They are in all fairness ticking nuclear bombs!
    And considering we live in Ireland and the port tunnel being an example of our quality standards, I don't think Ireland is ready to go nuclear!!

Better invest the money in building a couple more offshore wind farms.

I wouldn't be too sure about nuclear power.
    Sure they have the capability to power the country for a million years but they also are quite damaging. They produce nuclear waste which is a challenge to get rid of.
    And then more importantly they need to build to amazingly high standards or else a small leak could end up in a catastrophe. They are in all fairness ticking nuclear bombs!
    And considering we live in Ireland and the port tunnel being an example of our quality standards, I don't think Ireland is ready to go nuclear!!

I don't really want to start the debate here but this opinion really irks me.

They're actually not very damaging at all. In fact a propperly run station (AKA most of them) produce waste that can be treated and stored so it does not cause any environmental problems.

They generally are bult to amazingly high standards as they're considderably more advanced than normal stations. While at full efficiency nuclear stations cause zero risk to the environment while even at 100% efficiency a fossil fuel station pumps pollution into the air 24 hours a day.

A small leak could not end in a catastrophe and in a propperly run and maintained stating would be a thing of legend rather than reality.

and most importantly THEY ARE NOT TICKING NUCLEAR BOMBS. They use different fuel in much smaller ammounts. Also the type of fuel they use would have to be modified intensively before it could even be used in the production of a bomb.

As for wind farms etc I dont think you realise exactly how much smaller and how much more energy a nuclear power station could produce. It's literally in orders of magnitude. thousands of thousands of times the ammount of energy and they're getting more efficient all the time. Germany shut down something like 60% of it's old plants and replaced them with 4 modern ones only a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

nationalise the banks so that profits go to the state. Run it like a private company, not like the rest of the inefficient public sector.

What a complete and utterly blatant contradiction. I wonder how long people will let the government **** up services before they realise the government is not a body designed to maintain efficiency. I love the "not like the rest" part. Its what all biggish central government supporters say: we will do it better that the others. Yeah right, that what they all say. Nothing new here.
    They are in all fairness ticking nuclear bombs!

Incorrect, asfaik. Nuclear material for missiles is something like 100 times more enriched than that of nuclear power plants.

• Advertisement

Anyhow, I suppose I should contribute 10.
    1. Introduction of same-sex civil marriages.
    2. Legalisation of cannabis.
    3. Legalisation of prostitution.
    4. Legalisation of abortion.
    5. Privatisation of Buses and Trains, setting up of agency to manage train networks. Each train company pays said agency a fee based on km travelled. This fee is solely used on network management.
    6. Complete rationalisation of the public sector through privatisation and other measures.
    7. Complete downgrading of the the welfare state. Initially the non-prsi dole will be replaced by food and travel vouchers with a small expenses allowance. No child benefit, initially for high earners and eventually abolished.
    8. Introduction of a health care system similar to Fine Gaels Faircare, eventually leading to greater healthcare privatisation.
    9. Introduction of a federal republic, giving powers such as taxation to states.
    10. Obviously economic points 5-9 will allow a huge reduction in tax.

I don't really want to start the debate here but this opinion really irks me.

They're actually not very damaging at all. In fact a propperly run station (AKA most of them) produce waste that can be treated and stored so it does not cause any environmental problems.

They generally are bult to amazingly high standards as they're considderably more advanced than normal stations. While at full efficiency nuclear stations cause zero risk to the environment while even at 100% efficiency a fossil fuel station pumps pollution into the air 24 hours a day.

A small leak could not end in a catastrophe and in a propperly run and maintained stating would be a thing of legend rather than reality.

and most importantly THEY ARE NOT TICKING NUCLEAR BOMBS. They use different fuel in much smaller ammounts. Also the type of fuel they use would have to be modified intensively before it could even be used in the production of a bomb.

As for wind farms etc I dont think you realise exactly how much smaller and how much more energy a nuclear power station could produce. It's literally in orders of magnitude. thousands of thousands of times the ammount of energy and they're getting more efficient all the time. Germany shut down something like 60% of it's old plants and replaced them with 4 modern ones only a few years ago.

Well, stellafield has made the Irish sea the most radioactively polluted sea in the world. Though that is a pretty old nuclear reactor.

I guess if the quality of reactors have gotten better over the years, then i guess it won't be too bad.

But they need to be built to really high standards to contain any accidental leaks and fall outs. And I wouldn't trust the Irish with that job considering what they did with the port tunnel.

Also how are we gonna dispose off the nuclear waste?

Every part of the nuclear reactor, from the turbine to the walls and the water/steam that turns the turbine, becomes radioactive and remains a radioactive hazard for atleast 100years. Hence if something goes wrong, or you've gotta replace the parts, you can't just junk the old parts and they're radioactive and need to be stored/disposed off safely.

Well, stellafield has made the Irish sea the most radioactively polluted sea in the world. Though that is a pretty old nuclear reactor.

I guess if the quality of reactors have gotten better over the years, then i guess it won't be too bad.
    Incorrect actually, the Irish sea would be the most radioactive sea in the world regardless of sellafield due to the natural radioactivity of limestone. That said they do unfortunately contribute to it. As you said yourself though Sellafield was originally built in the 50's and is not exactly a model of efficiency.
    But they need to be built to really high standards to contain any accidental leaks and fall outs. And I wouldn't trust the Irish with that job considering what they did with the port tunnel.

Also how are we gonna dispose off the nuclear waste?
    There's a lot of ways to deal with it depending on the type of reactor you have. Vitrification (turning it into a stable glass substance) and backfilled vaults it the normal process. As for the construction yeah, our government would really have to pull their socks up to attempt this.
    Every part of the nuclear reactor, from the turbine to the walls and the water/steam that turns the turbine, becomes radioactive and remains a radioactive hazard for atleast 100years. Hence if something goes wrong, or you've gotta replace the parts, you can't just junk the old parts and they're radioactive and need to be stored/disposed off safely.
    Yeah this is a legitimate concern as economically nuclear stations spend more of their budget on maintenance and less on fuel than normal stations. I guess the words to underline in my previous posts is well maintained. That's the crux of the issue. Though we do have a large pool of well educated people who could do these kinds of things and the spin-off's for research and highly-skilled employment would be fairly hefty.

Incorrect actually, the Irish sea would be the most radioactive sea in the world regardless of sellafield due to the natural radioactivity of limestone. That said they do unfortunately contribute to it. It should be noted though that Sellafield was originally built in the 50's and is not exactly a model of efficiency Though they have been improving since the 70's with big improvements in the 80's and 90's.
    Well, wikipedia but...
    The Irish Sea has been described by Greenpeace as the most radioactively contaminated sea in the world with some "eight million litres of nuclear waste" discharged into it each day from Sellafield reprocessing plants, contaminating seawater, sediments and marine life.[9]

Low-level radioactive waste has been discharged into the Irish Sea as part of operations at Sellafield since 1952. The rate of discharge began to accelerate in the mid- to late 1960s, reaching a peak in the 1970s and generally declining significantly since then. As an example of this profile, discharges of plutonium (specifically 241Pu) peaked in 1973 at 2,755TBq[10] falling to 8.1 TBq by 2004.[11] Improvements in the treatment of waste in 1985 and 1994 resulted in further reductions in radioactive waste discharge although the subsequent processing of a backlog resulted in increased discharges of certain types of radioactive waste. Discharges of technetium in particular rose from 6.1 TBq in 1993 to a peak of 192TBq in 1995 before dropping back to 14TBq in 2004.[10][11] In total 22PBq of 241Pu was discharged over the period 1952 to 1998.[12] Current rates of discharge for many radionuclides are at least 100 times lower than they were in the 1970s.[13]

There's a lot of ways to deal with it depending on the type of reactor you have. Vitrification (turning it into a stable glass substance) and backfilled vaults it the normal process. As for the construction yeah, our government would really have to pull their socks up to attempt this.

Yeah this is a legitimate concern as economically nuclear stations spend more of their budget on maintenance and less on fuel than normal stations. I guess the words to underline in my previous posts is well maintained. That's the crux of the issue. Though we do have a large pool of well educated people who could do these kinds of things and the spin-off's for research and highly-skilled employment would be fairly hefty.

Well, i'm not against nuclear power.
    I just say it needs to be done upto very high standards if its to be done. For all of that we need a lot of money, highly skilled workforce and resources to build such a project. Ireland can't do this on its own. If we're to go nuclear, we'ld definitely need some foreign business to help us build one.

And then at the same time we need to have a highly educated staff to run and maintain the plant. All this is gonna be pretty expensive.
    I wouldn't trust neither would i want the government to build one for us. It'll probably not be upto a high standard or very efficient and will end up putting the country into more debt.
    Its best some big private business can do it. They also do take quite a while before you get your return on investment too, hence not many businesses go that route.

Well, wikipedia but...
    The Irish Sea has been described by Greenpeace as the most radioactively contaminated sea in the world
    Yes though Greenpeace are almost as trustworth as Enron these days. I'm not saying they're wrong but it is a misrepresentation of the facts to say the Irish sea is the most radioactive in the world because of Sellafield as the Irish Sea is naturally the most radioactive sea in the world.
    Well, i'm not against nuclear power.
    I just say it needs to be done upto very high standards if its to be done. For all of that we need a lot of money, highly skilled workforce and resources to build such a project. Ireland can't do this on its own. If we're to go nuclear, we'ld definitely need some foreign business to help us build one.

And then at the same time we need to have a highly educated staff to run and maintain the plant. All this is gonna be pretty expensive.
    I wouldn't trust neither would i want the government to build one for us. It'll probably not be upto a high standard or very efficient and will end up putting the country into more debt.
    Its best some big private business can do it. They also do take quite a while before you get your return on investment too, hence not many businesses go that route.
    I agree with absolutely every point you've made here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

1) Nationalise and merge AIB and Bank of Ireland, creating a State Bank which would be used to promote small and medium enterprises.

2) Nationalise the Corrib Gas Field.

3) Publically flog Paul Williams for talking complete sh*te about aforementioned gas field.

4) Create a free and accessible health service á la the NHS.

5) Remove all Catholic Church influence from state education.

6) End the state payment of private school teachers' wages.

7) Legalise abortion up until 5 months.

8) Legalise cannabis and legalise and heavily regulate all other drugs.

9) End this f*cking nonsense about not being able to buy cans after 10 o'clock. This is a national emergency like, and someone should be made to pay a heavy price for it, something along the lines of public flogging.

10) Publically flog the sh*t out of anyone caught for corruption or graft.

All in all I think that's a good list, perhaps not enough flogging all round, but it would keep the country on the straight and narrow nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I would like to thank my fellow party colleague TheInquisitor for starting this thread:D:D
    RayM wrote: »
    4. Introduce generous incentives for bio-fuel, electric or hybrid powered cars, and ban the sale of all new cars incapable of achieving at least 75mpg.
    75 MPG?? Don't think so. There'd be almost no choice and people would buy the cars elsewhere. We're trying to keep people in work, not put them out of it.
    EF wrote: »
    7. Reduce stamp duty to make it more attractive to non-first time buyers to enter the property market.

9. Make car clamping by private companies illegal
    7. I assume on re-reading you will see the oxymoron.

9. I agree completely
    Souljacker wrote: »
    3. Legalise cannabis and tax the hell out of it (to a level similar to tobacco).

5. Put a halt on all repossessions on homes in banks which have only stayed afloat because of the tax payer. Allow people the breathing space to only pay the interest until the upturn comes.

6. Reintroduce fees to stop the chronic underfunding in our Unis. Use the greater influence in the banks to set up a system similar to the UK where student loans are set at a ridiculously low interest rate and only made payable back when the person is making over a set amount of money.

10. Put the money (which up to this point has been used to pay fees in 3rd level education) into early years and primary education to ensure real equality of opportunity for everyone.
    3. I'd go for it, but it wouldn't be a top 10 priority.

5. Essentially happening anyway.

6. Payback should be by year of college, dependent on salary level.

10. I agree to an extent.

1. The Port Tunnel was fixed and 2 I agree
    FTA69 wrote: »
    6) End the state payment of private school teachers' wages.
    I've been on about that for years! It's a joke.

My 10

1 & 2 - Justice
    1. Increase the size of An Garda Siochána to 25,000.
    2. Train and use the Óglaigh na hÉireann as a Civil Guard, with 10% of the Defence Forces to be used on a constant basis in combatting gangland crime with the Gardaí.

3. Cut all farm subsidies. Country living is a lifestyle, farming is a business. If you can't survive without subsidies then sell up to a neighbour with a head for business. The countryside CAN and WILL survive without farmers

4. Reform the learner driver system...without 20 classroom hours = no theory test. Without 10 daytime and 10 night time lessons = no driving test test. No test = no licence. No licence = use some of the 10,000 new Gardaí to fine the bejaysus out of those who ignore.

5. Negotiate a fuel excise treaty with the Northern Assembly, harmonising tax rates on petrol/diesel/bio-fuel and abolishing motor tax. Increase the price of a litre 20c for petrol and 26c for diesel. FUCK the hauliers. Get on with it or get out of business. The state owes nobody a living.

6. Close Galway, Sligo, Knock, Waterford and Farranfore international routes. Halt all development at Dublin Airport. Develop Shannon and Cork Airports to be hubs for the Middle East, Asia and Europe.

7. Pass legislation to allow Cabinet to overrule objections to national road and rail routes. All CPOs to be final.

8. Nationalise Aer Lingus.

9. Change the drink driving limit to .1 from .7.

10. Devolve a local power to levy income tax. Alter the national rates and open a 3rd band. 13%, 30% and 48%%

ninty9er wrote: »
    I would like to thank my fellow party colleague TheInquisitor for starting this thread:D:D

75 MPG?? Don't think so. There'd be almost no choice and people would buy the cars elsewhere. We're trying to keep people in work, not put them out of it.

Ohh, how did that one pass my notice...
    No cars under 75mpg... No wai!!!
    I love my Lamborghinis and Aston Martins!! :D

And ninty9er, about your drink driving one...
    You should realise the adds are true when the speak about how just one pint can affect your driving skills.
    I rather like Jeremy Clarkson's approach on how to deal with drunk drivers:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-drinking-2009-04-20

And ninty9er, about your drink driving one...
    You should realise the adds are true when the speak about how just one pint can affect your driving skills.
    I rather like Jeremy Clarkson's approach on how to deal with drunk drivers:
    http://www.topgear.com/uk/jeremy-clarkson/clarkson-drinking-2009-04-20

It's more to accommodate mouthwash and naturally occurring blood alcohol levels.

.1 is as good as zero in terms of having a drink, but nobody has a zero reading.

It's more to accommodate mouthwash and naturally occurring blood alcohol levels.

.1 is as good as zero in terms of having a drink, but nobody has a zero reading.

I don't think there is naturally occuring blood alcohol...
    I think the drink driving limit should be how much ever the alcohol level raises to after 1 pint or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

The irish sea isnt the most radioactive sea that honour would go to the caspian sea? But i might stand correct

4. Reform the learner driver system...without 20 classroom hours = no theory test.

Thats bollox, and just complete state bureaucracy. You dont need 20 hours to to the theory test. I looked over the book about 3 times, spent about 6 hours altogether and got 40/40.
    The state owes nobody a living.

Well considering the state has alrady ****ed us all by making Ireland so expensive, I would venture that they do owe some people a living they have deprived them by making the place so unemployable.
    7. Pass legislation to allow Cabinet to overrule objections to national road and rail routes. All CPOs to be final.

Once again, just big government. Your effectively removing more of the puny checks and balances we just about have have. In the same spirit as Eamon DeValara not having an effective Senate and President.
    8. Nationalise Aer Lingus.

Why? Why do people still not cop that the government is just not good at running businesses? Compare Aer Lingus and Ryanair.

I think the drink driving limit should be how much ever the alcohol level raises to after 1 pint or 2.

Completely different for different people at different ages of their life asfaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm sure people were making the same arguments when four-star petrol was done away with. The technology to build affordable cars capable of well in excess of 50mpg is already there (there are currently several such cars on the market), so it's hardly a revolutionary suggestion. Obviously it's one of those ideas that would only work if it was Europe-wide, and if the car manufacturers were given a few years to get their act together, but it's perfectly doable.

• Advertisement

The technology to build affordable cars capable of well in excess of 50mpg is already there (there are currently several such cars on the market), so it's hardly a revolutionary suggestion. Obviously it's one of those ideas that would only work if it was Europe-wide, and if the car manufacturers were given a few years to get their act together, but it's perfectly doable.

Don't want a world where everyone drives around in Smart cars and Prius.
    As i said its a personal choice as to how much i wanna spend on fuel for my car. I like the big powerful, fancy cars. I don't want anyone to run that connection we humans have developed with our cars.

We don't just view cars as modes of transport anymore. They're a lot more to us. We adore them, we cherish them and look after them. We have developed some sort of connection with them. We write songs about them and make movies about them. Its all cuz they provide us with that bit of primeval thrill, excitement and fun.
    Taking that away will leave the car no more exciting than a Dublin Bus.

Don't destroy the car in the name of environmental protection!

Cars are already as technically advanced as they could be.
    There are cars that can easily do 80mpg in expense of power, size, speed, luxury and all those exciting and interesting bits.
    There are cars that struggle to do 8mpg but press all right right caveman buttons to make you adore and cherish the experience.

A Polo Bluemotion is at the edge of technical advancement in fuel efficiency.
    A Ferrari 599 is at the opposite edge of technical advancement in performance.
    So yes, the technology is there and its available to us. The car manufactures aren't hiding anything from us. They provide us with what there is and what we ask for.

johnnyc wrote: »
    The irish sea isnt the most radioactive sea that honour would go to the caspian sea? But i might stand correct

After further research it's not very clear but the dubious honour seems to be attributed to either the Irish Sea or the Baltic sea in most articles I could find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Don't destroy the car in the name of environmental protection!

I really don't know what to say to that. You've got me... seriously. If you genuinely believe that environmental protection is less important than an "enjoyable driving experience" then there is probably no fruitful or logical discussion to be had on the matter. :)

I really don't know what to say to that. You've got me... seriously. If you genuinely believe that environmental protection is less important than an "enjoyable driving experience" then there is probably no fruitful or logical discussion to be had on the matter. :)
    We'll leave it at that so;)

There's a balance to be struck, and there are more environmentally fuels coming up, which realistically means there'll be very little difference between 1MPG or 100MPG in terms of pollution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Lose taxing items such as st's and contraception.

Accountability for parents regarding their children's education.

Reduce dole to make it in line with UK, about 79 yo yos.However, those who worked long-term and lost jobs should be given 75% of their wages for 3 months and 50 % thereafter, capped at 40k wages.

Free buses for school goers and over 55s. Buses should be on time. Buses into all major cities free, park & ride system from a reasonable distance outside.

More activites for OAPs, they gave us what we have.

Lower tax rate up one %.

Higher up one %.

No more tv licences.

All parents obligated to do a parenting course, dogs need licenses, parents should get help before the new arrival arrives. Father named on birthcerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

Theres a few people on here with pretty far out libertarian views. I always enjoy reading them and do sympathise with the view, its idealistic and I like that, but it will never happen in our nanny state. My question is why the libertarian suggestions thus far have been of a federal system? Ireland is not America. The thought of having different laws in Fingal County Council and Dublin City Council is ridiculous... I don't think that part of an idealistic libertarian society as it may apply to the US, would apply here at all......

I would put the dole at 150 a week for 3 months after loosing your job, 100 for the next 6 months and 75 thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

My List, flawed & inept though I'm sure.

1) Construct a mid sized nuclear power plant.
    Operated by a private company, Veolia for example.

2) Invest heavily in new electricity transmission technologies.
    (reducing transmission loss could be the silver bullet for energy conservation)

3) Introduce a national "Bill of personal responsibilities" to sit along side our universal & european bills of rights.

4) Legalisation of Abortion up to 14 weeks.

5) Legalisation of drugs, but taxed to hell.

6) Term limits for Judges, & their judgements be made accountable.

7) Capital punishment and be not afraid to use it.

8) Remove the 5 year "seperation period" before full divorces can be granted
    (this needless rule stops so many people from moving on with their lives an achieving happiness with someone else)

9) Remove the punitive and unnecessary road car tax system based on engine size. Move to a usage based system.

10) Need a lisence to own a television and a dog? Well now you will need one to have a child and receive state services in return.
    (Merit based - not €10 down the post office)
    If you fail, conceive away, but the state wont provide for your lil treasure.

......... When I have chicken, I find the right wing is tastier :D

cm2000 wrote: »
    Theres a few people on here with pretty far out libertarian views. I always enjoy reading them and do sympathise with the view, its idealistic and I like that, but it will never happen in our nanny state. My question is why the libertarian suggestions thus far have been of a federal system? Ireland is not America. The thought of having different laws in Fingal County Council and Dublin City Council is ridiculous... I don't think that part of an idealistic libertarian society as it may apply to the US, would apply here at all......

It would work perfectly well in Ireland.

I don't have the time to explain how right now... But i'll surely later.
    Till then maybe you could gather your arguments for why you think libertarianism would not work in Ireland.

Also to note, i posted this in another thread, is that the libertarian state will not be achieved without people changing their mindset first. Without people becoming aware that the country belongs to them and not to the government they're working for. Liberty begins with responsibility.

• Advertisement

My List, flawed & inept though I'm sure.

1) Construct a mid sized nuclear power plant.
    Operated by a private company, Veolia for example.

2) Invest heavily in new electricity transmission technologies.
    (reducing transmission loss could be the silver bullet for energy conservation)

3) Introduce a national "Bill of personal responsibilities" to sit along side our universal & european bills of rights.

4) Legalisation of Abortion up to 14 weeks.

5) Legalisation of drugs, but taxed to hell.

6) Term limits for Judges, & their judgements be made accountable.

7) Capital punishment and be not afraid to use it.

8) Remove the 5 year "seperation period" before full divorces can be granted
    (this needless rule stops so many people from moving on with their lives an achieving happiness with someone else)

9) Remove the punitive and unnecessary road car tax system based on engine size. Move to a usage based system.

10) Need a lisence to own a television and a dog? Well now you will need one to have a child and receive state services in return.
    (Merit based - not €10 down the post office)
    If you fail, conceive away, but the state wont provide for your lil treasure.

......... When I have chicken, I find the right wing is tastier :D

For no 10 how would this license work??? I agree with everything else!

Advertisement