Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Cornelscourt selling 10 days old Expired Milk stuff.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

teapots are reusable items.
    Milk Cartons imo are not.

Hi All,

Just back from Dunnes Cornelscourt. I had bought a case of Yazoo Milk drink. I saw that they had expired on 20/05/09.

@ OP your name is quite ironic to the situation. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

DubMedic wrote: »
    because it should be a brand new carton that is to be used, i dont want a carton that has been previously used to store milk being used again.
    Why? What exactly are your concerns?

I dont have any concerns as such , i just don't think it should be used again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Your first post you said Bottle your second you said carton? Big difference in re using both.

Bottles can be sterilised and re-used and cartons can't so which is it?

And if you are talking bottles back in the day when they were still around you gave the empties back to the milkman and the bottles were re-used been done for a very long time. But Im quite sure bottles dont exist anymore. Highly doubt cartons are taken back and re-used. They maybe re-cycled then remade into new cartons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

What about Milk bottles? They wash and resuse them, dotn see why carton would eb any different, assuming they are properly washed and resealed.(I dont know if cartons can but if it's able to be done, I'd have no issue)

EDIT, are we talking about bottles or cartons to begin with?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Very surprised that Dunnes (at least the Cornelscourt one) was selling stuff like this - I go there to get all meat and fresh veg as the meat from Tesco tends to go off within a few hours regardless of the date on the packet :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

because it should be a brand new carton that is to be used, i dont want a carton that has been previously used to store milk being used again , and it could be a different kind of milk too.

Thats a bit of failed logic on your part... because that's what we do with babies bottles effectively... Put milk in bottle, finish milk, wash bottle, sterilise bottle, put more milk in bottle...

How is it any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Thats a bit of failed logic on your part... because that's what we do with babies bottles effectively... Put milk in bottle, finish milk, wash bottle, sterilise bottle, put more milk in bottle...

How is it any different?

Maybe he is talking about plastic bottles that would retain the taste of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Maybe he is talking about plastic bottles that would retain the taste of the product.

Babies bottles are plastic as well as glass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Stekelly wrote: »
    Babies bottles are plastic as well as glass.

Are they not made from a different form of plastic thats designed to be reusable?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

But surely you don't think they should be used again because you have concerns about their re-use otherwise what is your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Quick as a flash, we were back on topic....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement