Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got stung by a wasp..

Options
  • 31-05-2009 2:56pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭

Studying out the back on my decking since the weather is nice, music blaring etc.. All of a sudden I hear a big ass buzzing sound by my ear. I freak out, sprint back inside only to realise, motherfugger already got me on the arm.. It kills tbh, and the fact that I'm shít scared of bees/wasps means my heart has been poundin for the last 15 minutes :p

Worst part is.. now I'm too scared to go back to get my books :<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Serves you right for thinking you could study and enjoy the nice weather at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

are you sure it was a wasp and not a bee ?

old wives tale that vinegar will neutralise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 buggeryboo

ouch.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    are you sure it was a wasp and not a bee ?

old wives tale that vinegar will neutralise it.

It's not an old wives tale.

If it's a wasp's sting, using vinegar. If it's a bee's sting, use baking soda.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

It's not an old wives tale.

If it's a wasp's sting, using vinegar. If it's a bee's sting, use baking soda.

ya already put vinegar on.. did the job, but have to keep puttin in on every few minutes as it doesnt really last :/

edit-right ive decided.. not going to let the little **** ruin my study, I'm coming back with vengeance.. and trousers/long sleeved tshirt combo...and a few weapons :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does it hurt much?

I despise wasps but I never got stung by one.

yeah did at the beginning prior to using the vinegar.. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Someone once told me to put toothpaste on my neck where a wasp had stung me twice. Needless to say, that advice was utter boll*cks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Monzo wrote: »
    Someone once told me to put toothpaste on my neck where a wasp had stung me twice. Needless to say, that advice was utter boll*cks.

Toothpaste can be used for drying out spots! :) Never heard of it being used for stings....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Jeez its just a sting. Its not gonna kill ya. Man up. Unless your a woman. Typical :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Serves you right for thinking you could study and enjoy the nice weather at the same time.
    This.^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Monzo wrote: »

Toothpaste is a base, so similar to Jammy's comment above, it would have worked on a bee-sting all right. Probably made the wasp one worse, though.

(See how I managed to divert this thread back onto an educational route? :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

there was a pair of wasps riding in my garden while I was studying. I really wanted to squish them but I was afraid of getting stung. Fortunately my dad almost stepped on them, which interrupted their riding so they flew off (still...*ahem* stuck together...)

Before anyone calls me a soulless monster for wanting to kill the wasps I think I was doing all picnic-goers a favour by trying to stop them mating.

Which hurts more, a wasp sting or a bee sting?

Piste wrote: »
    Which hurts more, a wasp sting or a bee sting?

Wasp, no doubt about it. Get stung by a bee, you're like "Hmmm, a bee-sting. Ow." Stung by a wasp, you're like "Sh1t, that hurts!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i dont mind wasps..... its flies i hate...

just the whole maggots thing... and the fact that as soon as they land on food the puke on it or lay maggot larve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Suck it up! I got stung 4 times in one day once.. It's not that sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

My friend punches bees and wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Swizz wrote: »
    My friend punches bees and wasps.

Has he ever landed a decent haymaker on one?

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Wasp, no doubt about it. Get stung by a bee, you're like "Hmmm, a bee-sting. Ow." Stung by a wasp, you're like "Sh1t, that hurts!"

for me it was actually more like 'FÚCKING CÚNT GOT ME FOR FÚCK SAKE RAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

my actual words lol.. sister had a big laugh at me about it :F

• Advertisement

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Are you stalking me, eV? :D

My mate's brother got stung in the foot by a bee while he was wearing socks (his brother, not the bee :P ), so it got stuck there. Shockingly, he didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

eVeNtInE wrote: »

I am contributing to topics in the Leaving Cert forum, ergo I am technically studying :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Are you stalking me, eV? :D

My mate's brother got stung in the foot by a bee while he was wearing socks (his brother, not the bee :P ), so it got stuck there. Shockingly, he didn't like it.

now there's an idea......dragons den here i come

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

when i was a kid a bee flew up my shorts and stung me on the back of the knee, now that hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

I walked into a bee hive when i wqas younger!

Oh boy i never ran so fast away from that one, scaled a wall nearly twice the size of me aparently!!

Advertisement