Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bouncy Castle Fashion

Options
  • 31-05-2009 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭

Recently I was lucky enough to be invited to someone's house with the main aim of bouncing.

I wore practical clothing because I knew that I would be bouncing, but I was surprised to learn that it was possible to bounce while wearing a long skirt thing.

What does everyone think is the best outfit for optimal bouncing, tumbling, and doing your first bouncy castle cartwheel?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The best outfit? Something made of lycra would probably be best with leg warmers being optional for the kids disco afterwards

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Well, I for one would consider it very silly to wear a mini for example. Could turn out to be quite an embarrassing evening if one were to loose one's footing.

Jeans and t-shirt would be best imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

A bikini.

Or a mankini.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Mankini ftw.

edit: beaten to the punch....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    A bikini.

Or a mankini.

Interesting. Have you tried this?

• Advertisement

janeybabe wrote: »
    Interesting. Have you tried this?

Please. I beg you.
    Do we really need to dwell on this?
    Visual images at this point can only irreversibly damage one's delicate sensitivities.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,302 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Please. I beg you.
    Do we really need to dwell on this?
    Visual images at this point can only irreversibly damage one's delicate sensitivities.

The fact that one of his brothers may already possess such a garment is disturbing enough. That it could actually see the light of day is too much for one's stomach to bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I'll put myself forward to document Mr. Dunne himself bouncing within the grounds of a castle, wearing said mankini. For the good of boards.ie

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I'll put myself forward to document Mr. Dunne himself bouncing within the grounds of a castle, wearing said mankini. For the good of boards.ie

You sir. Have my total respect!

Will you have someone standing by to wash your eyes with a wire brush afterwards?

Goggles filled with domestos tbh. Wire brush after won't do a whole pile, you've got to cleanse as you take it in...

• Advertisement

I see you have thought of everything. Carry on.

One has to be prepared in situations such as this ;)

Anyone know the number of a good beautician. I will need to wax for this.

And floss, by the sounds of it! :P

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Anyone know the number of a good beautician. I will need to wax for this.

Is that to prevent people from grabbing hold?
    I heard you were hairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

It has to be a jump suit, .................Ba Dum Tish :D
    Wearing anything but a jumpsuit in a bouncy castle is wrong, punishable by ridicule
    ^^ can we get this added to the charter

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    ^^ can we get this added to the charter

Stop trying to inflate the moderator's ego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Well being semi bare in a bouncy castle is not good, especially during the sun, as you can get bouncycastle burn... it is rubber after all. Imagine a hot day on a slide... ouch!
    You can get on in most clothes but if you wanna be on there long term, comfort is needed, and socks, as your piggies can get cold. Although bare piggies give better grip.
    Jeans are a bit restricting when trying to do things, and if you've buckles or other things they may dig into you whilst bouncing.
    But as the night comes in (along with the likes of 3am and lots of alcohol consummed) a hoodie is good :)

Advertisement