Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammunition

Options
  • 31-05-2009 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a link, or information on the amount of ammunition (shotgun cartridges) you can legally possess, I know you can apply to hold more than you'r licence say's, but is anything written in law ?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

marlin vs wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link, or information on the amount of ammunition (shotgun cartridges) you can legally possess, I know you can apply to hold more than you'r licence say's, but is anything written in law ?.

I don't believe so. I've known of licences without limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Good point. So if there is no law would it still be a criminal matter if found to have more ammo then written on your cert??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

chem wrote: »
    Good point. So if there is no law would it still be a criminal matter if found to have more ammo then written on your cert??
    There is a law chem - if you have more ammo that written on your cert, you're in breach of the conditions of your licence and you can be done for possession.

What IWM meant (I'm assuming) was that there's no upper limit to what you can ask for.

Personally, I've never seen a licence with no limit to ammunition on it myself, but if you had one, you could in theory have as much as you could afford and store.

Advertisement