Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about shih tzu and nasal problems

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

My dog is three years old in june and during summer he tends to have trouble breathing out of his nose where he would be there for a few minutes breathing out of it loudly trying to unblock it and shakes his head a lot. I read many shih tzu have to get operations on their nose and its a common problem with the dog. Is this operation risky? Has anyone else had these problems? I really have no idea what to do with him when this happens so I just stay near and have water for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

My dog is three years old in june and during summer he tends to have trouble breathing out of his nose where he would be there for a few minutes breathing out of it loudly trying to unblock it and shakes his head a lot. I read many shih tzu have to get operations on their nose and its a common problem with the dog. Is this operation risky? Has anyone else had these problems? I really have no idea what to do with him when this happens so I just stay near and have water for him.

I have 4 shih-tzus and this is quite common,mine do it every now and then and although its distressing for you they soon get over it.I remember when I 1st saw my dog doing it and thought he was chocking to death,I ran outside with him and was going to give him mouth to mouth but he recovered before I did:DThe vet told me its very common in these breeds.could also have an allergy to pollen or household cleaners etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SmellySockies

Ohh okay as long as its okay thanks for the help :D

Advertisement