Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(review request)ak 47

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

looking to buy ak 47 or 74 and was thinking about the g&g ak 47but know little about it or if there is a better ak for the money (vfc is to expensive) any info appreciatedhttp://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=22_30&products_id=148 this is one im thinking of can any one tell me if accurate ,what rof is like ,how reliable is it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Rasherz

i read it but did not find it answered all my questions and a lot of those customer reviews can be over exagerated and does anyone know where you can purchase a g&g rk103 evo and would this be a better buy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

For a '47 a metal Jing Gong or cyma is good enough, akm you can get VFC or kalash will have an akm soon, '74 again, vfc or kalash are best for high end or clone.

The g&g's look decent, realistic build, best fake bolt carrier of the ak's, and if you contact eirsoft, tony is a distributer for g&g so ask him to get one in.

also i know what everyone thinks about CA around here but i have read reviews praising the slr 105a1 are they justified

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

iv a cyma 47 and to date is fired somewhere close to 220,000 bb,s

• Advertisement

that defenitely changes my opinion of cymanever rated them before

used it as my main aeg for over a year then it was my "loaner" aeg since its seen a lot of use will retire it soon as there is a crack in the g/box,,,, or maybe just rebuild it!

id rebuild it find it hard to let go of an aeg that id used so much and can anyone tell me what a g&p conversion kit on an ak is like

think ill rebuild,,,,, looked in the parts box and vola a new gearbox just need a new battery tray! but yeah cyma ak's are the buisness,,,,,

thermo just wondering could you give me a full review on the cyma if not to much trouble from other reviews over net im still apprehensive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭General Grobel

My cyma ak was absolute shiz in every way possible. It lasted about a month of use until the stock snapped off and the gearbox crapped out. The lower receicer is plastic and it uses TMs constuction method( higly unrealsistic, screws everywere). If you don't have your heart set on a '47 then I'd recommend the kalash/dboys/boyi FULL steel AK series. It's important to get the full steel because other wise it'll have some parts made out of nasty pot metal. The only problem with the G&G ak series is that the stock retainers are made out of ****e metal and eventually the stock will snap off, I'm not sure if you could replace them. I wouldn't bother with the VFC, you can get a kalash for half the price and it's almost as good( It's still pretty damn good).

Hope that helps!

For a '47 though rather than an AKM onwards the TM style is grand, JG and cyma do full metal and wood models, and the cymas internals quality depends on the model number, later models were better.

i know it sounds like a stupid question but whats an akm

The most popular ak variant, the media refers to them as 'ak47' but in reality akm is used much more than ak47.

and this is the wild card i only just found an src ak 74 but heard internals are not reliable

Advertisement