Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reel lawn mowers - where to buy

Options
  • 31-05-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure if this is better suited here or in gardening? We have a fairly small lawn and I would like to get a push reel mower to avoid electricity or petrol. I can't seem to find any in Ireland (or shipping to Ireland). Would anyone have suggestions of where to look. I'm based in Cork but I'm in Dublin fairly often if this helps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

Ask in any local hardware shop and they'll have a rep that supplies them.

But I seem to remember that Argos have one in the catalog (but don't go there if your trying to be green ;)) and I'm sure I've seen them in either or both B&Q or Homebase might even have them in Woodies?

If all else fails ask the nearest in the nearest lawnmower shop as several manufacturers still make them.

Edit> yep Argos have €44.79 and €59.99 730/3030 and 730/0071 and if you do get a catalog while your there don't forget to compost it afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭SeanW

why compost an Argos catalogue? It's full of bleach and ink, which are nothing more than toxins - that stuff should be recycled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Moved from Green Issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 The Lolo

We bought one of these - a Qualcast Panther 380!! for exactly the same reasons as you, and we love it. Got it in B&Q, best mower ever, totally reliable, and now totally free to use. We paid about 50e for it a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The Lolo wrote: »
    We bought one of these - a Qualcast Panther 380!!

I had one of these a few years back when I had a relatively small lawn - great machine. A bit of oil (WD40 or similar) before the first cut of the season and it went for the whole year without any bother.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/productdetail.aspx?pid=5271&loc=P&catid=102.10.3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Push Cylinder mower? As mentioned before Qualcast are in Argos for forty something.
    A better model is the Husqvarna Diamant or if you are looking for something even quieter a Husqvarna Novolette. They're more expensive than the Qualcast but will last decades. Any Husky dealer could order one for you but unlikely to have them in stock as they aren't a big seller.
    I'm a big fan of push cylinder mowers. Once you get a lawn under control they really improve the quality of the grass as the cylinder mower cuts the grass like a scissors.

Advertisement