Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone to O2 MMS/GPRS settings N95

• 31-05-2009 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hello all.

I have a company Nokia N95 (8Gb Black) and we changed from Vodafone to O2 about a week ago.

I rang customer care and asked for them to send out the settings for GPRS so I could use online, It worked for a day but is now telling me "Packet Data not available, check network"

I can live without this but today I tried to send an MMS and couldn't, So I went to O2 Phone Settings and got the new MMS settings sent out to me but still no joy.

I reset to Factory settings hoping it would get rid of all the Vodafone stuff still on the phone but it didn't.

Help much apreaciated peeps :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I would reckon the network settings are ok on the phone, but the phone is trying to connect using the vodafone settings.

Press Menu>and select Web> Options > Settings> Access point
    Check the default access point

If you want to send the settings again, you can do so from here -o2 settings

You will find the settings in the FAQ also.

For the mms you have have to ask o2 if its activated on your account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Davy wrote: »
    I would reckon the network settings are ok on the phone, but the phone is trying to connect using the vodafone settings.

Press Menu>and select Web> Options > Settings> Access point
    Check the default access point

If you want to send the settings again, you can do so from here -o2 settings

You will find the settings in the FAQ also.

For the mms you have have to ask o2 if its activated on your account.

Yea I tried that but no matter what access point I set I get the same message.

Thanks for the links but thats where I got the settings from.

I'll give them a ring about the MMS though thanks

What connection are you using? Did you change anything since it was working? You company hasn't requested data be deactivated from your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭rav1410

Davy wrote: »
    What connection are you using? Did you change anything since it was working? You company hasn't requested data be deactivated from your account?

Well for online Im using O2 WAP GPRS.

For MMS its O2 MMS.

No I haven't changed anything at all.

I dont think they would ask for ask for data to be deactivated but Im not 100% sure, I'll find out on Tuesday.

Another thing, I have loads of Access Points to choose from on a list

EG

O2 MMS
    O2 MMS (01)
    O2 MMS (02)

This is because when it didn't work I got the settings sent out again,

Is there a way to delete these?

rav1410 wrote: »
    Is there a way to delete these?

just press the delete button in the settings folder, the one i mentioned earlier.

Menu>and select Web> Options > Settings> Access point

• Advertisement
Advertisement