Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for on the Job experience

• 31-05-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Let me explain, I have always had an interest in motorcycles since my first bike in 1994. I had the opportunity to join a Motorcycle Shop as an apprentice in 2000. I turned this opportunity down as I was building my house and could not take the reduction in wages. I have continued my interest in motorcycles by buying bikes working on them and then selling them on.

Nine years on I have been made redundant. I now have the opportunity and time to go and train as a motorcycle mechanic. I am currently looking to work one day per week (Either Monday or Wednesday) in a Motorcycle shop free of charge. I am doing this to get work experience. I am living in the midlands and will travel.

I want to be treated as a complete novice and I AM WILLING TO WORK.

Regards
    Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ring up a few places around. Cant see many people turning down free work.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 MKEOGHAN

Have tried a few shops but as yet nobody has got back to me. I have phoned everybody back but they haven't made up their minds????????????

I am determined to get experience and I will not let this stop me...

Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

There are a couple of smaller bike mechanics not associated with shops or anything. Look up Chopper or IridiumTom over on Biker.ie. There's a lad down cork way who's after losing his job and was offering basic lessons to bikers, can't think of his name though.

This recession has hit very hard - I can’t even get an unpaid job. ANYBODY out there working on motorcycles willing to give me one day on the job experience. I will gladly work at any anything that is related to the industry. (I will not paint your house or clean your car) I want to work with motorcycles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

How far would ya travel to do this?? I'll ask around down here in waterford if ya want. Cant promise anything but dont see why anyone would turn down free labour.

• Advertisement

I have my own transport and would be willing to travel upto a max of two hours. I am based near Tullamore. My only sticky point is it needs to be either Mon or Wed.

I am amazed at the amount of People/Shops that I have contacted and not one have got back to me. I cant believe that there is nobody who could do with a hand on a Mon or Wed FOR FREE

It is looking like I cannot even get an upaid job?

Advertisement