Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M4 Dry-Firing (Please help)

Options
  • 31-05-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I received my first airsoft gun on Thursday (A Kalash M4 CQB from Eirsoft:D)
    But its been dry firing since Friday evening:mad:.
    I charged the battery for 4 hours (did'nt do any good)
    I tried 4 different mags (did'nt do any good)
    I did'nt drop the gun or get it wet or adjust the hop-up (although I'm not sure what that is) or I did'nt take the gun apart.

Can somene tell me where I might be going wrong???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

If you have high-cap mags, are you winding them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Two of the mags I tried were high-caps and they were winded.

Oh yeah,

It fires every now and then but very rarely. (About every 15+ trigger pulls) or when I change the magazine it dry fires for one shot and then fires about 5 BB's (not all at once) and then starts dry firing again.
    But when I take out the mag a few loose BB's fall but there is always a BB in the top of the loading chamber(if thats what its called) in the mag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

Bring it back it will be still under warranty:)

or before you do that make sure the hop up it turned towards you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Same thing happened to my G&G M4. Bring it to someone who knows what they are doing as with mine the tappet plate had shattered.

• Advertisement

mle1324 wrote: »
    Bring it back it will be still under warranty:)

or before you do that make sure the hop up it turned towards you.

How do I know if its turned towards me???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    How do I know if its turned towards me???

Turn it towards you lol ( Anti-clockwise ) all the way until it stops turning ;)

Theres a little wheel with a screw in the middle. DomI turn that??? (please reply soon)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭+*EliteSniper*+

Theres a little wheel with a screw in the middle. DomI turn that??? (please reply soon)

Yeh turn it towards you (Anti-Clockwise) This will turn off the top up, turn it until it stops turning.

Should long should it take for it to stop turning (cause its takin a while , I'm still turning it now)

• Advertisement

No it shouldn't take that long. It should only turn a couple of times. By the sounds of things theres something broken. I would suggest bringing it back to Eirsoft.

Pity I'm 150 miles away from their main store in Dublin. I wonder could I bring it up to their Galway store or post it to Dublin???

Yeah you can post it to them and they'll sort it out and post it back.
    I dunno if you can bring it to the Galway store or if the Galway store even do repairs.
    I'd say your best bet is to ring Tony before you do anything.

Edit: Heres the number for the Dublin shop, 01 8245770.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Yep the Galway Store do repairs. The guy in there is pretty good too.

I got the gun off the website , well... it was'nt on the website cause there was only one left and Tony saved it for me:D. So... to get to the point. If I did'nt buy it in Galway will they fix it there???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I got the gun off the website , well... it was'nt on the website cause there was only one left and Tony saved it for me:D. So... to get to the point. If I did'nt buy it in Galway will they fix it there???

Can you send it back to us ? Just wrap it well, and send it by parcel post. I'll reimburse you for the cost fo posting. We'll send it back out to you within 24 of receiving it.

The address is here - http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/directions_cabra.php

I was'nt bothered to make a new thread so I used this one.:p
    The selector switch broke off:eek: my M4 (it wasn't me:o) it came off by itself. It's been loose about a week and today it fell off.:( I found the switch and a miniscule silver ball but I think there might be a tiny spring missing. The selector switch won't clip back on.:mad:
    What should I do???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

you dont sound experienced enough for me to tell you how to fix that... I suggest you take it to a store that offer repairs with a professional that has experience in side guns to fix that... its fixable... but if it eats its threads, which it sounds like, it may need a new selector.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

The selector switch requires the gearbox to be removed from the receiver. its not a job recomended for someone with no experience, as firekitten said.

send it back with a discription of the fault writen down, including your contact details and any parts that you have that came off. :)

Thanks guys,;)
    I'll be sending it back up to Eirsoft. Back up to you Masada:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement