Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NCT - Booking

• 31-05-2009 8:26pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Trying to book a date for the NCT Test, not having much look on their website. I enter the car reg and car reg-date and it keeps spitting back
    WARNING: A vehicle corresponding to the information entered does not exist on our database.

Iv also entered a previous booking number for an older NCT for the same car, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

ring them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Sully wrote: »
    Trying to book a date for the NCT Test, not having much look on their website. I enter the car reg and car reg-date and it keeps spitting back

Iv also entered a previous booking number for an older NCT for the same car, no luck.

Any suggestions?

Look at the expiry date on your NCT disk. Enter this in the Car reg date box but but go back a day.

EG Lets say you car is a 01 with the NCT expire date 15/07/09. In the Car Reg date box enter 16/07/01 or 14/07/01. Cant remember which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

Try a reg date a day before the stated date, worked for me.

Cheers

PS, got a test date four months later...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

was the car imported ? i had probs getting the car booked for nct online cos of it being imported

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

d3mon24 wrote: »
    Look at the expiry date on your NCT disk. Enter this in the Car reg date box but but go back a day.

EG Lets say you car is a 01 with the NCT expire date 15/07/09. In the Car Reg date box enter 16/07/01 or 14/07/01. Cant remember which.

Sorted, just put it a day forward. :) Earliest booking date was September 26th! I assume I call to be put down for a cancellation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭BlackandGold

Sully wrote: »
    Sorted, just put it a day forward. :) Earliest booking date was September 26th! I assume I call to be put down for a cancellation?
    I had to phone up for mine, wouldn't let me book it online. Got a date for July even though it was out early May! Tried a few centres I could drive to but all were similar waiting lists. I asked about cancellations and was told that unless I rang up every morning and checked to see if there was a cancellation that there was no other way I could rely on a cancellation, so July it is for me! :D

Advertisement