Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I safe enough for history

Options
  • 31-05-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Hey there guys nd gals, just wonderin what you are covering for the 3 topics of history so we can get a good measure of what would be safe and what would wouldnt!

For me: 1st Irish topic
    -CnG + FF
    -War of Independence
    -Neutrality during WW2
    -1916 Rising(don't know very well)

2nd Irish topic
    -1st Inter Party
    -Catholic Church+Irish society
    -Lemass
    -Nat Coalition

Dictatorship+Democ topic
    -Mussolini+Hitler(dnt no foreign)
    -Brit+France(don't know Vichy)
    -Stalin+Lenin(don't know Show Trials)

Am I safe would you say barring a ridiculously hard paper? Or should I cover Vichy France and Anti Semitism for the 3rd topic? Cheers:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

maybe something on the treat negotiations and how they led to the civil war, just in case that was thrown into a question on the civil war!

is anyone doing the northern ireland topic 1949-1993 one??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Jannah

I'd do the show trials too, if I was you, I've been hearing from lots of people that it's a favourite

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

yeah I'd definitly learn show trials because it's a case study and comes up quite often. Its fairly easy as well. also church state relations in fascist italy/germany is tipped for this year, and again is fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Is a case study guaranteed to come up in each section or is it just more likely to?
    I asked my teacher but his answer wasn't too clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 ally_mull

At least one case study comes up every year from each section.....
    I'd definitely do the Show Trials because its the only case study from Dictatorship and Democracy that didn't come up last year so if it does not appear in 09' I'll be pretty surprised!
    Also try the economic policies of CnaG and FF and Hitler/Mussolini church relations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Dictatorship+Democ topic
    -Mussolini+Hitler(dnt no foreign)
    -Brit+France(don't know Vichy)
    -Stalin+Lenin(don't know Show Trials)

Hmm both Lenin and Stalin came up last year i do believe in some shape of form so I doubt they'll pop up again. Also Britain came up last year? I'd do show trials if i was you and church state, just to be safe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stop making history threads FFS, it's really getting to me now for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

phasers wrote: »
    Stop making history threads FFS, it's really getting to me now for some reason

Then just ignore it

Could the show trials come up on its own or would it always be part of a general Stalin question? There is'nt really enough for a proper essay in the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i have a load of essay plans written up on a load of topics.the only bad things is i cant remember what i have written down or most of them but luckily i'm not in on the morning of history

anyway
    partition and sovereignty:
    cnag and ff (foreign policies and economic policies)
    how the treaty led to civil war
    dismantling the treaty
    victory of sinn fein in 1918 election
    neutrality during ww2

northern ireland 1949-1993
    the circumstances that led to direct rule
    o'neill in government
    sunningdale agreement
    religious affiliation

dictatorship and democracy:
    rise of hitler and nazis
    hitlers freign policies