Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help/advice needed please

Options
  • 31-05-2009 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi,

Im trying to get an opinion or advice on this if anyone went by the same thing than me or know of someone..

Im 36 and not sure if i will be able to conceive, not really thinking bout it just at the moment really as my bf and i broke up but i have been on a birth control pill, micro pill, for about 12 years, the type that is "none stop" pill has i had emdometriosis when i was 22 and my gynecologist put me on that pill that doesnt give you period as youtake it everyday continuously.

Now, from time to time i do have period, little ones for a day or 2, if i miss one pill usually it comes right away although few times it will take longer to get any period BUT anyhow, my question is this, I had sex with my ex last night, it wasnt plan obviously has we are broken up, and i realized i miss my pill last night and have not taken the one today either....

Now because i dont know my cycle, if i have any for the very least, but could this mean i could be pregnant just because i missed one day!? it seems to me odd as im on that pill every single day i wouldnt think i would actually ovulate at all, especially at my age!!
    I do know it also depends on the sperm, speed etc...my ex is a lot younger, 24 (reason why we broke up pretty much), so my friend just told me that possibly he is in his prime so that could be an issue, better quality sperm when a men is younger, i have no clue but anyway....im not sure if i should be concern as it never happended to me before to be in that situation and i dont know any website where they do talk bout people on that pill for a long time and conceiving etc...

Not that i want it now but im just concern now......

thanks for any advice please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi,

I just said I'd reply as nobody else had offered their opinion or advice to you on this. Personally, I was on the pill (mini pill) for about 4 years. In that time, I had missed my pill for one and even two days on a few occasions.

I was lucky enough that I never fell pregnant when I'd missed pills - not that it would have been the end of the world as I'm in a long-term loving relationship - but I like to plan these things!! Anyways, my point is that if you miss one or more pills you ARE at risk of becoming pregnant. It's unlikely but VERY, very possible!

Therefore, there is actually a slight chance that you COULD be pregnant right now so I'd advice you NOT to take any more pills until you know for sure. So what I'd say to you is, wait about 10 to 14 days and if you don't get your period in this time, then buy a home pregnancy test. If it's positive, see your GP asap.

If it turns out that you are not pregnant, let this be a lesson learned!

Advertisement