Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should teenagers be locked-up until they're 18?

• 31-05-2009 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have to say. I find some quite intimidatin and I am 26. There's always this group of girls like beside our tesco on most saturday nights. and like why do they have to dress so provocatively. I cant look at em, cos then they make fun of me! I mean wt hell kind of behavious is this!

Have also recently been out on a few nights out. some girls (and guys) who are obviously underage tryin to get into nightclubs. have some self respect and dont rush growin up. there. i said it. lol.

whats ur view?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Good plan, send hormonal teens to jail and have them come out hardened criminals. :rolleyes:

Though on the upside, they might skip the part where like they learn like to speak like D4 idiots. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Saruman wrote: »
    Good plan, send hormonal teens to jail and have them come out hardened criminals. :rolleyes:

Though on the upside, they might skip the part where like they learn like to speak like D4 idiots. :D

Jeez don't be harsh now or anyting.
    tolteq wrote: »
    I have to say. I find some quite intimidatin and I am 26. There's always this group of girls like beside our tesco on most saturday nights. and like why do they have to dress so provocatively. I cant look at em, cos then they make fun of me! I mean wt hell kind of behavious is this!

Have also recently been out on a few nights out. some girls (and guys) who are obviously underage tryin to get into nightclubs. have some self respect and dont rush growin up. there. i said it. lol.

whats ur view?

I don't get the point ur tryin to make tbh. Lock them up for what??

And gettin into clubs and bein underage... There's not a lot else to do. I'm 17, too young for ovr 18's (obviously) but too old for underage disco's where the average age is about 15 and yes the 2 yrs is a big diff when ur my age.I'm stuck in the middle. The only option then is tryin to get in under age. It's not really about tryin to be "grown up", more about wanting to av a bit of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I've been going to pubs and nightclubs since I was 16,truth is there is bugger all else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Jeez don't be harsh now or anyting.

There is no other reaction that I can possibly have with a question as fundamentally stupid as this. I am not sure if the original poster is actually expecting people to take this seriously or not.

Any digs made were as a result of the original posters location saying DCU so I can only assume they are in college so combining ridiculous ideas/questions with atrocious grammar led me to having a little fun :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I agree completely.Im 18 now thank god but I have been drinking since I was 15.To be honest I dont think there is really a problem if you guys arent acting like asses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

One group of intimidating teens doesn't represent the entire population of teens.

Bad idea OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What planet are you living on?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

LOL. I think you weren't let out til you were 18 anyway if you're 26 and a group of teenagers are getting to you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Should teenagers be locked up until they're 18?

No.

Next stupid question?
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭tolteq

LOL. I think you weren't let out til you were 18 anyway if you're 26 and a group of teenagers are getting to you.

nah went out when i was 16 and 17. but i didnt go round making fun of older people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

You think teenagers are gunna agree that teenagers should be locked up til they're 18?

Emm, how about no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

You'll get 16 year old idiots and 26 year old idiots and 56 year old idiots.

And in all honesty, I have more patience with the 16 year old idiots than the 26 year old ones, at least they have the excuse that they're young and inexperienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

I don't mean to make an insensitive connection, but similar logic (ie; deciding that neither young people nor their parents can be trusted) gave us industrial schools. We all know how that worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

whats ur view?

why is trying to get into clubs underage not respecting yourself?
    fair enough its not legal but unless you're flashing your tits or something trying to get in then you can have respect for yuorself:confused::confused:

btw worst idea ever,if i had been stuck in for the last 17 years my first act as an 18 year old would be to go compleatly nuts and ruin society and you wouldnt want that now would you!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

btw worst idea ever,if i had been stuck in for the last 17 years my first act as an 18 year old would be to go compleatly nuts and ruin society and you wouldnt want that now would you!:p
    That depends. PLease elaborate

That depends. PLease elaborate

id say excessive drunk and dissorderly,indecent exposure,performing lewd acts in public and maybe a bitta vandalism to start off with:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

id say excessive drunk and dissorderly,indecent exposure,performing lewd acts in public and maybe a bitta vandalism to start off with:p
    .........I approve

why is trying to get into clubs underage not respecting yourself?
    fair enough its not legal but unless you're flashing your tits or something trying to get in then you can have respect for yuorself:confused::confused:

well i'd rather you didnt. cant u go with your friends for a drive to the beach, or for a holiday down the country now that the weather is nice. or go dodgem racing. its fast! lol. why does it have to be into the club and get drunk and dressed like leaving nothing to the imagination.

and by the way. i seen girls flashing all the time! its disheartening to see when its a 16-17 year old girl. in life you have to pace yourself.

well thats my view.

You think teenagers are gunna agree that teenagers should be locked up til they're 18?

Emm, how about no.

i didnt mean it seriously. i meant like a more strict approach from parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭norwegianwood

this thread would be a real hit in the Ranting and Raving forum, i'm sure they hate teenagers over there....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

well i'd rather you didnt. cant u go with your friends for a drive to the beach, or for a holiday down the country now that the weather is nice. or go dodgem racing. its fast! lol. why does it have to be into the club and get drunk and dressed like leaving nothing to the imagination.

and by the way. i seen girls flashing all the time! its disheartening to see when its a 16-17 year old girl. in life you have to pace yourself.

well thats my view.

Life is short, sometimes if you pace yourself, you'll miss out big time.

Being a teenager is about being care free...............to an extent

well thats my view.

eh...i cant drive,spent all day on the beach,and my ma n da wouldnt be too happy if i randomly dissapeard for the weekend.
    and where the feck can ya go dodgem racing?

aint that many things to do as a late teenager and how often do you see teens flashing because thats a rare occurance.

teenage years should be for having fun,not being locked up and unable to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Yes, yes, they should...

Because it's fun to punish a whole segment of the population for the actions of a few members of that segment.

I noticed quite a few auld lads were involved in fupping up the economy recently- should everyone over 30 be locked up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

well thats my view.

Here's an idea, lock youself up if you're that concerned, be much easier than locking up thosands of others.:rolleyes:

where the feck can ya go dodgem racing?

i dunno. like wanna go and find out?!?!?!?!? come on. lets go. lol.

Here's an idea, lock youself up if you're that concerned, be much easier than locking up thosands of others.:rolleyes:

yes....yes.....i lock myself up quite frequently. :eek:. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭yummy91

well thats my view.

You know that your only on about a small percentage of young people and in fairness there's probably the same percentage of ones your own age who act the same way. And probably a way higher figure of ones like that who've just hit 18(like me:)minus the flashing ) or are at college.
    And either totally ignore the ones outside the shop or just stand up to them, you are the adult aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Not all teenagers are cnuts. Just the ones who dont smoke and drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 anchorsaway

cock robin wrote: »
    Not all teenagers are cnuts. Just the ones who dont smoke and drink.

It's so fcuking true. They're tolerable when they're fcuked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Say I if you think this is the worst thread ever and should rot in the bowls of Boards Hell?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement