Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lead free shot

Options
  • 31-05-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi guys

who has used lead free shot? steel, bismuth or hevi-shot? What do ye think? What does your wallet think? ;o)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I have used steel shot in Belgium where it's no longer possible to use lead shot. It's probably a little less hard hitting than lead because of it's lower density but you can use n4 steel as a replacement for nr6 lead for example and the results are quite similar. I've shot hare, pheasant and rabbit with it last christmas and it worked fine.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I believe it is actually banned (steel) in some clay shoots because of it's tendency to ricochet off steel trap houses and Beech trees! Apparently Beech trees have quite hard bark and steel shot can ricochet off them.

Advertisement