Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

food food food =)

Options
  • 31-05-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

so what should we eat during the exam period?

eggs, fish, milk, wholemeal bread , loads fruit nd vegetable , loads water?
    are ye gonna keep away from the junk food? and tea coffee coke energydrink etc ?

randomly yours candy :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nope, it'll be carbs carbs carbs all the way from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Porridge porridge porridge. Its fecking brilliant, i dont fall asleep at elevan in the mornin anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Gonna demand all the dinners I like anyway for a start :pac: Nah my mom would tell me to f off and continue cooking her mince based dinners 4 times a week(I don't eat red meat). Hmmm I'd say all the nice fruit around atm like strawberries, peaches etc. Probably peanut butter on toast for brekkie, or museli. Big mad salads for lunch any day I'm finished early. Plenty of veg with dinner, as per usual. Em probably a lot of water and coffee on the fluids side, with 70% cocoa chocolate for an extra caffeine boost! Its pretty much how I normally eat really! Just maybe a lot more coffee, we shall see! :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 284 ✭✭We

probably **** loads of coffee and red bull with some food whenever I remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

bag of chips and a battered sausage!

anything really... something that you like and you want to eat.
    Don't change your routine too much from the normal school one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

When you eat, you don't have to study ;)

Err, porridge for breakfast. Water all the time. I probably won't eat so much chocolate because I won't have much free time with which to be bored enough to comfort eat. Nice hot dinners. I don't eat a whole lot of veg.

Are yis bringing stuff into your exams? I'm gonna have bottles of water, but I dunno about mints of chewing gum - they make you more hungry, right?

I've been doing English exam papers, I'm drinking a whole pint of water every three pages or so - I'm gonna need the jacks loads on the day! :( I get really thirsty when I'm writing.

[400th post, gift]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

My mam cooked me frys during my JC, so she's doing the same for the LC!

You cant beat a denny's sausage!

Would love an Ulster fry though and a special poem of longleys makes me so hungry! lousy part of the poem though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Pasta Pasta Pasta Pasta and more Pasta. Can't get enough of Pasta so I can't.

And a session on Friday. Heineken Heineken Heineken.

Pasta and Heineken. mmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

;) you guys are making me hungry now:o

omg i don't think we are allowed to bring food to the exams

we are told...only water is allowed ..not even chewing gums

haha, speaking of food during exams has any one seen how to cheat in a exams vid on youtube? some dude changed the label in a coke bottle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Forgot to mention I'm planning on bringing in Chewits to my exams for sugar boosts! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

~Candy~ wrote: »
    ;) you guys are making me hungry now:o

haha, speaking of food during exams has any one seen how to cheat in a exams vid on youtube? some dude changed the label in a coke bottle :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention I'm planning on bringing in Chewits to my exams for sugar boosts! :pac:

*tears in ma eye* jeloussssyyyyy

:p

JSK 252 wrote: »

ha shweet :p
    its still kinda look fake though eh? =) too much hassell

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Brekkie - 2 weetabix, banana, pint of milk, vitamin tablet.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

dunno, I just eat ****e all the time. I never eat meals just continusously eat all day :pac: so I dunno what I'm going to do. I will HAVE to eat during the long exams. what are some quiet foods?

also lucozade sport, cans of coke, powerade all the way mmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

you can edit a post you know. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

:rolleyes:
    Over 3 hours for English paper2 without food? Of course you can bring in food. If someone tries to stop ya just tell them where to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Must get some Ready Brek (Break? Brake?).

Haven't had it since I was about eight but it was feckin' lovely (and should do the same job as porridge, and well, if it doesn't, it's still feckin' lovely).

mink_man wrote: »
    you can edit a post you know. :)

couldn't be arsed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NamNamNam

Pizza and garlic dip *drrooool*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Tuna, in all it's delicious guises mmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

my english teacher told us to bring in chocolate/ sweets, whatever works best for us, and an energy drink!
    but guys, something i found from drinking energy drinks while at work (oh the joys of waitressing) they give you a big buzz and then you crash, so make sure not to drink them too early! have them about an hur left of your exams and you'l be fine then! and then just eat something carby at lunch!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Had Chinese yesterday and a fry this morning. I'm loving this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

It depends on your examination center.
    As far as I know they are obligated to allow candidates to bring water into the exam. Food may or may not be allowed though. I would check before hand if you are unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My usual, although I guess I'll have to eat breakfast now... yuck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Food is allowed where there is a medical need for it - candidate with diabetes for example.

Otherwise, generally speaking, where eating the food (chocolate/sweets) does not disturb the other candidates, it is allowed. Mad rustling wrappers or stinky curry sandwiches wouldn't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Our teachers have told us to bring food and water in. Like some chocolate without the noisy wrapper, and some water or juice or lucozade if that's your thing.

I was supervising the leaving last year and there was no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Red bull and galaxy chocolate were my friends during the LC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

ha shweet :p
    its still kinda look fake though eh? =) too much hassell

Cant see the picture

Advertisement